ADSC Glencorse Experience

JNM

War Hero
Well done mate. Where u going for training ? Maybe see you at pirbright!
Waiting for a date still, hopefully getting stuff through tomorrow if the portal doesn’t cock up. Looks like Feb/March depending though.

Lol maybe when you there?

JNM

War Hero
Hi mate, just going off what ive read im at Glencorse on 15th December how did you fair? Was the TST hard n where was it you ran specifically?
I came out with a B, ballsed up the team tasks by taking leaderless too literally which dropped me from an A apparently.

TST was basic GCSE, go through bitesize and you’ll be fine. Not the best to ask though as I’ve done degree level chemistry. I got 48/55 on it and I’m guessing the 7 I missed were stupid mistakes not reading the questions correctly due to time.

You run down a public footpath, .75 miles to a wooden gate and back. If you can’t do that it’s around the parade square which I didn’t do. There is a 1/2 mile jog down to the stat point at a tunnel though.

Great thread thanks for the tips. I've got Glencorse AC on 16th Feb. Already in time with the running but going to keep working at it to get the time down.

gazz1

Swinger
Lol imagine it would be, what they got you doing?
Lots of personal admin (ironing, polishing boots, keeping lockers clean and tidy), kit and locker inspections, block jobs (recruits go around the dorms and clean the place from top to bottom) , PT, map reading , briefs (lectures), drill, SAA (skill at arms/weapons handling), had 1 overnight exercise so far, prob a few other things but nothing comes to mind just now lol

JNM

War Hero
Lots of personal admin (ironing, polishing boots, keeping lockers clean and tidy), kit and locker inspections, block jobs (recruits go around the dorms and clean the place from top to bottom) , PT, map reading , briefs (lectures), drill, SAA (skill at arms/weapons handling), had 1 overnight exercise so far, prob a few other things but nothing comes to mind just now lol
Cheers, looks like I should be polishing up on a few admin things in the next month

gazz1

Swinger
Cheers, looks like I should be polishing up on a few admin things in the next month
Your 1st week will be a shock to the system possibly lol it was for me. But they tell you here it’s ‘a game’ and to play it . I’ll keep this thread informed with some of the things I’m upto . Good luck pal

I had an operation on both my feet back in 2015. Will I have to mention this in my medical? And if so will it get me deferred? Because I know capita enjoy taking their time with referrals. Due to go to ADSC Glencourse in January

DBarnett

Swinger
I had an operation on both my feet back in 2015. Will I have to mention this in my medical? And if so will it get me deferred? Because I know capita enjoy taking their time with referrals. Due to go to ADSC Glencourse in January
I imagine they'll notice an operation on your feet if there are noticeable scars plus they have your records and so it's highly likely they'll quiz you. I certainly wouldn't out and out lie about it as that'll get you more than just a deferral.

Then again if they don't ask don't feel compelled to volunteer the information.

I imagine they'll notice an operation on your feet if there are noticeable scars plus they have your records and so it's highly likely they'll quiz you. I certainly wouldn't out and out lie about it as that'll get you more than just a deferral.

Then again if they don't ask don't feel compelled to volunteer the information.
Thanks for the speedy reply, would it be worth me getting a letter from my surgeon clearing me and bringing it to ADSC?

DBarnett

Swinger
Thanks for the speedy reply, would it be worth me getting a letter from my surgeon clearing me and bringing it to ADSC?
Obviously caveats of I'm not an expert on this nor am I medical but I wouldn't bother at this stage as your surgeon will likely only be able to offer general advice. If you are deferred they will have to give you specific JSP 950 reasons for it and then you can appeal against those using your surgeon's medical expertise.

Latest Threads