ADSC - glencorse 24th July

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Jimbor, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everybody. Ive got my selection on the 24th and was just wondering whos else will be there? Also any advice from anybody who has recently had their selection?
  2. i was up there in april, just keep your head down give 100% and you will have no problems!!
  3. Cheers mate. ill make sure i try my best. :D Do you find out what date you go to basic at the final interview if u pass?
  4. I was there in May, and yes you do.
  5. Excellent thanks for letting me know. now i know i dont have to wait to see when i go :p
  6. Hey im coming up for selection in the not too distance future (hopefully), iv been waiting 5weeks for a reply from the bloody army doctors, been on the phone to the careers office every 7days after the first 2 weeks and still no reply from the medical, well anyway - my question being wether anyone knows if you pass selection can you go on a basic at a later date than the most recent, Im set for pirbright if I pass but problem I have is that I cant go any time before August 23rd (Im best man at a wedding) so can I just get the next date after that or will I have to wait to find out etc?
  7. At this late stage, you're unlikely to get a start date so close anyway, (its only 4 weeks to the 23/08/07) so I wouldn't worry about it!
  8. ah okies thanks, damnit, would love a start date soon after the 23/08/07, would be alot easier if this damn medical wasnt taking so long! :s

Thanks for the help anyway :)
  9. It depends what job you are looking at doing - I've got selection next week, and I know my start date is looking like February! Your ACIO should be able to give you a rough idea when you make your choice!
  10. Ah cool, actually going for ammo tech so ill ring them later and find out, thanks for the advice :)
  11. I got to choose my date for para training, there was a date in july but I asked for a date in August and I go away on the 26th august
  12. So Jimbor, how'd you get on?
  13. well i got defered until september. in march i went snowboarding, sorry tried to go snowboarding and broke my right collar bone. the medical intake rules say that you have to wait 6 months after breaking a collar bone before going for selection. now, originally i got told i wasnt going for selection until september because of this, fair enough. but then i got a phone call saying i had been put on selection fot the 24th of july. i got there after a 5 hour train journey and waited 3 hours for my medical, only for them to say i shouldnt have been there until september. so somewhere along the line somebody has cocked up big time. i spoke to the CO an he said he is personally going to investigate the matter. what makes it worse is that i know that i recovered enough to pass the pssr's, but still wasnt allowed so got sent home. and to top things off, ive just been made redundant form my current job :(
  14. Oh, a bad day then? I'm sorry to hear that! Keep your chin up, September will soon be here.
  15. haha u coulcd say a bad day yea. im fine about it just annoyed about whoever made the screw up. when have you got your selection? where?