ADSC Fitness Programme

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ITMatt, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The best way I've found to get my run time down, and I'm talking one month ago my best effort 1.5 miler was 11.26, and now its hoverring 10.30. Was to do interval training, i.e. jog for a half hour, find a big street with lamposts/trees, alternate sprint and jog between them. do five sets once or twice a week.

Obviously my fitness hasn't improved by a whole minute in a month, but psychologically it probably has and also my fitness is alot more than is used to be.

Remember rest days are crucial and another way I'm trying is find a steep hill and sprint up it and jog down a cupole of times. Also try to alternate distances, i.e. don't constantly run just the 1.5 or 2 miler, because you'll not notice any effect.

As for army fitness programs, I don't like them, because they never work for me, just my body I suppose. But in ADSC, at least for TA, the run was to be done in under 14mins.

-PAN

2. Interval training, also known as "High Intensity Turbulance Training" is the best way to go.
    Aim to do it 3-5 times a week, it doesnt last long at all so you should find time for it easy no matter what.
    HITT is also mainly used for fat loss, because it speeds up your metabolism and keeps it going for up to 48 hours, it is the preferred option to cardio because it doesnt effect your muscle mass.
    Heres what a HITT workout would look like.

Warm up for 5 minutes by walking/light jogging.
    Then start your high intensity running/sprinting for 1 minute. (aim for a 9 or 10 intensity on a scale of 1-10)
    then go into a moderate intensity by slow running/jogging for two minutes at a level 6-7 intensity.
    Then repeat for 2-5 times.
    After that go into a cool down for five mins by walking/light jogging.