ADSC date put back!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by TOONarmySOLDIER, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (I think you can tell i'm a bit angry...)

My original selection date for ADSC Pirbright was 8th July which was 5 weeks from having my 2nd interview. Then this afternoon I get a call from my recruiter telling me it has been put back to the 28th July!
    I'm really pi55ed as you can imagine because when all you are concentrating on is you're selection date and the initial 4 weeks wait was bad enough for me seeing as most peple have it in 1-2 weeks, but now this extra 3 week wait... :x

Has this happened to anyone else? My recruiter said there is a new scheme or something at Pirbright and it has to be ready and i'm not the only one this has happened to...

2 months wait for selection though, in my eyes, is a bit of a farse. (quite an understatement!)

2. Hmmm...just a thought, but do any of you think it is worth asking if I could go to Lichfield instead? I live in London so obviously Pirbright is nearer, but Lichfield isn't that far...

3. No, don't bother asking.

Each ADSC has its own recruiting areas, and it would cost ATRA a lot more money to send you to Litchfield.

I know you are dissapointed, but look on it as a blessing, more time to tone up your phys and do some more research on your chosen Regt/Corps/Trade.

4. Thanks for that.
    Yeah my recruiter said "I have some good news and some bad news for you, which do you want first?" I said the bad news ad he said selection had been put back to the 28th and the good news was i have more time to prepare, which i thought was quite obvious...:roll:
    I suppose I will look on it as a blessing in disguise, but time is the devils tool - plenty of time for something to go wrong eg. injury or something... touch wood that isn't the case.

5. Just stay positive and dont overtrain, you'll be fine.

6. I just got told the same thing. I'm used to it now though my selection date has been put back 3 times. Careers office says all selection has been cancelled for 8th and 9th of July.

Toon I wouldn't worry about 5 weeks mate I applied over a year ago!