ADSC Command Tasks

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by DehavM, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys just a quick question...

Does anyone know the type of command tasks that will be given at ADSC or does this change every selection?

And im also under the impression that you have to really motivate your team in order to pass this?

Thanks

2. You do a variety of team tasks in which you have to overcome obstacles etc. As far as I could tell at selection, it wasn't so much whether or not you complete that task that was important - it was how much effort you put in and how much you screamed and shouted encouragement to your fellow team members.
    Before each task you get some planning time. Make sure you are involved! Give as much input as possible. When it comes to the task itself, don't stop shouting until you lose your voice. Keep encouraging and, if you need to, advising. They will tell you most of this at selection anyway. Just try your very best plus a little bit extra and you will do fine.

3. work together as a team and just put your two pence in, don't argue either just suggest things and keep things motivated and moving, even if you're saying but no-one is hearing as the saying goes.

4. so what if you are a quiet person usually but you are shouting and everything in selection? is that kind of deceiving the instructors or just showing you are capable of motivating others etc....?
    in my case im usually quite a quiet person, but when it comes to team sports like football i do come out of myself as in shouting etc.

5. Im not a quiet person, and yet even though i shouted at everyone and put in most of the ideas. I got deffered. You have to put max effort in when you do it and make sure the officers accesing you are atcually watching you when u do motivate alot. Not just see when you cock up, like what happened to me.
    Its not hard you just gotta know what your doing.

6. Shouting "F*CKIN COME ON!" seems to do the trick it did for me anyway. I had no idea what was going on with the tasks but they said I was a good worker and a good motivator. If you don't muck in you'll fail a few lads passed everything else but failed on the team tasks.

7. msr

msr LE

8. hahaha i can just imagine you shouting "F*CKIN COME ON!" with a clueless look on your face! :lol:
    priceless...
    just goes to show look can be deceiving :p

9. Nah not a clueless face I was giving it my angry war face

10. if its anything as scary as your avatar im sure they were shitting themselves :p

11. Hahaha, yeah, that's about right.

12. It's my soon to be regiments cap badge, not a bad one eh?

13. Oh no you didn't! It's not a cap badge! You better get that right before you get to training near any QRL guys. I'll let you find out what it's called.

14. I know it's called a motto. Was just easier to refer to it as a capbadge to someone who doesnt really care anyway

15. Does anyone know what kind of tasks there is?

All i know of is the beer kegs and the plank of wood over a minefield...