ADSC at glencorse

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Lady.D, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, just wondering im going up to do ma selection on the 29th march 2007 is there anyone else hedding up their????

Its just because i dunno where it is and where to go lol

:thumleft: :thumleft:

2. It's at Penecuik. Just outside Edinburgh. You'll find it off the city by-pass.

3. Lady D - Buy a Key Stage 2 English Textbook and read it on the way up :thumright:

I managed to get lost in Penecuik - got the bus from Edinburgh to go to a friends house in Loanhead for the first time, and it was dark so I missed the stop by oh...30 miles or so... :shakefist:

4. Why are you so mean Cresent??? haha got lost humm i hope i dnt get lost

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. I'm not mean, it's called banter, get used to it if you're joining the Army :shakefist:

Now I answered your question, answer one for me - it sounds like an a$$hole question but I really am interested;

Why do people put 'ma' instead of 'my'? I can get my head around the 'need' for abbreviation in writing, howerver moronic it might be, but why replace a perfectly good 'y' with an 'a' when it doesn't actually make the word shorter, and the only purpose it serves is to make one look like an ignorant turd?

6. too right crescent, the youth of today seem to have the grammatical skills of dead sheep.....communicate properly or get back to school!!!!

:shakefist:

7. Well what it is us young ones, we like to shorten words down to be quiker like on msn perhaps alot people would talk like this ( wat ya up 2 ) aventually its wat we get use to, but when it comes to writting other things its a big mistake like writting a C.V perhaps it genrally goes wrong with wat they call Text chat but you know itll change soon ...... Does that answer your question????

8. maybe i shouldnt have put young ones, as im only 19, however i went to college to get my a-levels from 9-4 then to work from 5-10 everynight, avoiding the pittraps that seem to have affected so many young people thesedays.

i own!! my own car {brand new} and gladly cough up rent to my mother as i cant afford myown house, hence one of the reasons im wanting to join up , simply, is to make mates, see the world and make something of my life instead of filling shelves for tesco all day.

it seems that people {yes mainly young people} cant be arrsed to spell properly, and use the skills they {presumably} got taught at school, and from the posts ive read on here, anyone using text speak in the army will probably be beaten.... :thumright:

9. Well how nice to know, i too work stacking shelves but at woolworths and i also pay rent to live with mum hehe, Ill be ur friend haha !!! hope u get were you wanna be in life x

10. Ive done it again with the text talk its a bad habit dont get in too it ..

11. You seem to have a good attitude for getting in the army, at the very least it should stop the Nutter pti's from launching scathing attacks on you.

Wish i was in scotland.... :meditate:

good luck with selection!! :numberone:

12. Just prey you never have to try and get your head round the fine art of defence writing, even with the JSP it doesn't make sense

13. Hey stvwardy! I'm 19 too! :thumright:

"Well what it is us young ones, we like to shorten words down to be quiker like on msn perhaps alot people would talk like this ( wat ya up 2 ) aventually its wat we get use to, but when it comes to writting other things its a big mistake like writting a C.V perhaps it genrally goes wrong with wat they call Text chat but you know itll change soon ...... Does that answer your question????"

**** off it will change soon you illiterate chavette cnut.

As for CV's, I'm a ******* Recruitment Consultant and any CVs I see in chavspeak get deleted, I don't expend the energy it takes to write a TBNT (Thanks But No Thanks) letter to shites like you.

And no you haven't answered my question in the least, you've only gone on to provide your own testimony as to what a chavving little cum stain you are, so please try to answer it - I know I'm typing in English so you might not be able to fully understand me - but I'll ask again:

What's the point of turning 'ma' into 'my' at all, when it doesn't shorten the word?

Haviing a brain, I can understand why people shorten words into chavspeak for text messages or IM's, but WHY idiot-ise a word that you're not making shorter?

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yep - abolut 10 miles off the A720 :shakefist:

15. I'll translate for us English speakers:

Well it is us young ones, we like to shorten words down to be quicker, like on msn; perhaps a lot of people would talk like this: ( wat ya up 2 ) eventually it's what we get used to, but when it comes to writing other things it's a big mistake - like writing a CV - perhaps it generally goes wrong with what they call 'Text Chat', but you know it'll change soon.... Does that answer your question?