ADSC 29th and 30th may

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by derder, May 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else is going adsc pirbright on these dates. Starting to brick it a little now 8O Also anyone know what the run is like at pirbright? Flat, hilly?
  2. iam at glencorse 29th-30th may, anyone else?
  3. Hi - according to my son who has nearly finished his phase 1 basic (woowoo, will see him next Thursday!!) the run is around the camp - flat/mainly concrete :D
  4. The run isn't too bad.
    One slightly long uphill bit, but nothing too hard.
    Ensure you dont push yourself too hard on the warm-up jog, he makes you go round with him first (PT) to show you the track. It's nothing too difficult, but regulate your breating in prep for the 1.5 straight away.

It's goes out and back in the fencing so you are on road constantly.

On the last 100m, you go on grass for a finish, make sure you sprint your guts out.

You should be breathing through yor Arrse when you've finished.
    Good luck, and what you going for?
    (I did ADSC about 9 weeks back, waiting for Sep AFC)
  5. Cheers for the info guys, I'm going for royal artillery light gun. Hope I pass, i'm gonna give it 150%!
  6. Best of luck tomorrow and Friday - let us know how you get on...
  7. Cheers foxy :p I can't wait! I'll let you know soon as I'm back
  8. The run is moderate, there's uphill, downhill, and flat, but neither of them too extreme. A nice mixture :p

All the best mate, just put in 100% and keep your confidence to yourself.
  9. Just to let everyone know, got back from pirbright last night with a nice shiny pass certificate in my hand! I'm not going to lie and say I found it easy 'cause it wasnt! Got back last night feeling slightly physically and mentally battered but loved the two days! :p
  10. how long is the warm up run ? Is it going fast ... Or just a lite jog showing you the course ?
  11. It's an 800m warm up run done at a slow pace.