• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Adopt-a-Squaddie

Anyone come across these folk and can speak for the success or otherwise?

Adopt A Squaddie

Personally I find 'adopt' a bit condescending, but I suppose that a decent box of gizzits from well-wishers would overcome that

well i have been adopted by a few people from this site and being out in Afghanistan its nice to receive letters and parcels from people who take the time to support us.

B

Barbarella

It makes for a catchy name, which will spark interest. Penpals were really popular in WW1 & 2, so why not now?

I'm sure that there are plenty of filthy scutters out there frothing at the thought of their very own squaddie - and plenty of squaddies who are more than happy of the attention!

The 'adopters' will soon dry up when they realise all the food and beer is gone, their children have been violated, the bog is blocked by a monster turd with eyes and fangs and to top it all, some dirty ****** has wiped his knob on the Laura Ashley curtains!!!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
wont last long something like that - as soon as they find out that the beers is gone, the toilet hasnt been flushed and the cats pregnant they will change the locks and go ex directory.

Any chance of them branching out and starting an 'Adopt an Ex Squaddy'?
I'd be very happy to receive a few shoeboxes stuffed with gizzits every month. I wouldn't turn my nose up at food parcels and letters from fat desperate birds either.

The 'adopters' will soon dry up when they realise all the food and beer is gone, their children have been violated, the bog is blocked by a monster turd with eyes and fangs and to top it all, some dirty ****** has wiped his knob on the Laura Ashley curtains!!!
You missed the important one drained the bank accounts to pay for beer beer and more beer

Im a member of the group Adopt A squaddie on facebook, and also another group called Shoeboxes Fortroops. I have been sending boxes out to the lads & lasses for over a year now. Has proved to be a great success
Anyone come across these folk and can speak for the success or otherwise?

Adopt A Squaddie

Personally I find 'adopt' a bit condescending, but I suppose that a decent box of gizzits from well-wishers would overcome that

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Thanks and Good luck to them I say. As long as it doesn't take cash that would otherwise go to the wounded or Welfare for Families I don't see any harm in this whatsoever.

Latest Threads