Adopt-a-Squaddie

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Good CO, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Anyone come across these folk and can speak for the success or otherwise?

Adopt A Squaddie

Personally I find 'adopt' a bit condescending, but I suppose that a decent box of gizzits from well-wishers would overcome that

2. well i have been adopted by a few people from this site and being out in Afghanistan its nice to receive letters and parcels from people who take the time to support us.

3. It makes for a catchy name, which will spark interest. Penpals were really popular in WW1 & 2, so why not now?

I'm sure that there are plenty of filthy scutters out there frothing at the thought of their very own squaddie - and plenty of squaddies who are more than happy of the attention!

4. Groomed more like.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I wouldn't mind being groomed by a nice luscious wench.

6. You wouldn't mind being groomed full stop.

7. I'm gonna adopt 10! "Hi I'm xxx and I'm a stab, rah rah rah rah rah, hows things?"
    "**** off cnut"

8. Adopt me? I'm not a goddamn Rwandan Orphan

9. The 'adopters' will soon dry up when they realise all the food and beer is gone, their children have been violated, the bog is blocked by a monster turd with eyes and fangs and to top it all, some dirty ****** has wiped his knob on the Laura Ashley curtains!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I tried! :lol:

11. Aunty Sluggy will soon drop by with bags of sherbet bon bons and packets of Aldi Chicken and Vegetable Cuppa Soups. All she'll want in return is your silence and obedience.

12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

wont last long something like that - as soon as they find out that the beers is gone, the toilet hasnt been flushed and the cats pregnant they will change the locks and go ex directory.

13. Any chance of them branching out and starting an 'Adopt an Ex Squaddy'?
    I'd be very happy to receive a few shoeboxes stuffed with gizzits every month. I wouldn't turn my nose up at food parcels and letters from fat desperate birds either.

14. Shhh....don't spread that about....I don't want Jarrod to come sniffing.

15. Well....you never sent any naughty muff piccys!