Admission to a lunatic asylum

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Found this - a list of reasons for admission to a 19th c lunatic asylum

Quite an impressive list! I'm particularly amused by the "Imaginary Female Trouble", and can't really work out what "gathering in the head" or "uterine derangement" would mean.

I'm sure we can all be glad these aren't reasons that are still enforced today.........or maybe one or two should be reinstated?

lunatic asylum.jpg

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Quite an impressive list! I'm particularly amused by the "Imaginary Female Trouble", and can't really work out what "gathering in the head" or "uterine derangement" would mean.

I'm sure we can all be glad these aren't reasons that are still enforced today.........or maybe one or two should be reinstated?

View attachment 186730

I think we're all fucked.

Indeed we are.

There is not one or more reasons there that does not apply to every ARRSE user.

I have nine of them!

I notice "menstrual deranged" is there. Nothing changes!

Having read it more closely I actually have 31.5 of those afflictions.

Last edited:
Novel reading?
Best send me off to Bedlam then

The makers of Kindle etc, are all lunacy peddlars

I think i would be in for at least 15 things . Good to see they have included Bugsy , opium habit and political excitement , although i dont see the 'twat ' category for him .

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
When I have stopped playing Jenga with empty wine and Amazon boxes and have had more than 20 mins kip, I'll think up the worst culprits for each "crime".

lunatic asylum.jpg

Even if it is American, most on here (including me) have fallen 'foul' of more than most of those reasons. T-shirt available too:
1223798050728552743491.gif

I'll go for seduction and disappointment

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
???? Salvation Army???

Deranged masturbation?

Now i wonder what that could be?

Deranged masturbation?!

Hahahahahahaha.

I so want a go at that, what is it? Like, standing bollocky in the middle of the cascades shopping centre while tugging it, but stare straight into the eyes of random shoppers while making grunting noises and making jerky eyebrow movements?

Ahh that did make me giggle, deranged masturbation.....

Love the "Deranged Masturbation" bit ! Is there any other type ? Or am I deranged ?

Edited to add.......Sex is OK but there's nothing like the real thing !

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Latest Threads