Admiral: tinpot armed services

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Dec 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Admiral: 'tinpot' armed services
    Sunday Telegraph
    Admiral Sir Alan West link

Admiral Sir Alan West interview link

(edited to add interview link)
  2. Outstanding. Another recently retired officer sticks his head above the parapet etc etc.

Moral cowardice of the highest order.
  3. Jumping on the band wagon, but what the hell the more the merrier. I'd rather they see the light and speak up now rather than never saying anything at all.
  4. Did anyone see the horse leave? I'm pretty damn sure I shut the fricking stable door.....
  5. If it gets us somewhere I am all for it.
  6. It's amazing what you can get away with saying after your pension is secured.

"Air Vice Marshall Ginger Tourniquet-Smythe today said that Tony Bliar is a cnut. The recently retired fast jet blaggard, admitted he had felt this way for most of his career, but needed to secure his pension to pay for his new boy-bride"

7. Another one who grew a spine with his first oension payment
  8. Yes, let's have a pop at a retired Officer who has said something that we agree with, because that'll make things better.

Why is it hypocrisy to wait until you're retired and are allowed to speak before doing so?
  9. Because senior officers (all officers actually) have a responsibility for the welfare of their troops and any concerns should be pushed up the chain when they can do something about it, not bleated about when they can't.

OR's are usually ignored as 'moaning' when they have a genuine gripe, commissioned officers are usually regarded as more 'mature' and less likely to be just moaning.
  10. I spoke my mind while I was still serving, explaining why I left the Army after 26 year as a recruit.... :roll: :oops:
  11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Another one who cannot bring themselves to say anything while their in charge - it happened on his watch bbbbbblllllloooooooddddddyyyyyyy useless ttwwwwaaaaaaattttttttt.
  12. Bur Admiral West was openly critical of the Government whilst still in office...
  13. And if you believe the contents of the first paragraph........
  14. I have been openly critical of those senior officers who appear to "grow a spine after recipt of their first pension payment" (really like that description C14 :lol: ).

But could it be that these guys are from a generation that grew up believing the only way to do things was to discuss your concerns with your CoC (that's Chain of Command, not the term used to identify T Bliar & his cronies - CO*K).

Could explain why so many come out of the woodwork once the sun shines on their holiday villa!
  15. I actually take issue with what he is saying. Is he saying that we should not invest in giving troops what they need for current operations? Credit to Des Browne, a deal of money has been spent/earmarked recently on equipment that we are desperately short of right now. The problem was caused by people like Admiral West, signing up to Ops in Afg and Iraq without the necessary equipment or manpower. I presume he would rather we spent the money on the Royal Navy. Don't knock the Govt for trying to procure essential equipment now. Jees, Des Browne is the first person in Govt to say we need more troops, where have the Chiefs of Staff been for the past 7 years? Cocktails?