Admiral Boyce Wades into Blunketts Fantasy Diary

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Seadog, Oct 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I missed this on Sunday and don't see a reference to it on ARRSE. It's unfortunate that an Admiral is referred to as 'Army Chief' though I suppose he was in a manner of speaking. It would be nice if the interview was recorded so as to discount any journalistic licence.

Former CDS
    Admiral Lord Boyce says Blunkett has lost the plot.

Boyce on Blunkett

The Admiral is also reported as saying about Blindgitt

Blunkett, a candidate for Bernoulli's pit. Spare the dog.

2. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

Nice to see, the now, Lord Boyce only speaking out to protect his own reputation. I don't seem to remember much from him at the time he was supporting Bliar's foreign adventures.

For keeping quiet Lord Boyce was made Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports, which comes with your very own nice castle in Walmer. Previous Lord Wardens include PITT, WELLINGTON, CHURCHILL, THE QUEEN MOTHER - I wouldn't really consider Boyce to be in that league!

Nice to see what you can get by supporting Uncle Tony isn't it?

3. Handbags at dawn, anybody?

Litotes

4. Diplomat you clearly missed the press conference when Buff said 'We are ready to act now' and Boyce said 'no we're not'... or words to that effect.

5. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

He still supported him in the end though!

6. Clearly Flunkett is deaf as well as blind.

7. With S of A on this one. Boyce did quite abit for the services hence his tenure was shorter than originally expected. That press conference was a gem! :D

8. He is also the guy who refused to send our troops to Iraq unless he was advised by the Attorney-General that the invasion was legal.

There was a lot of talk at the time that he wouldn't get a peerage as a result. I think the Tories said they'd recommend him if the Government didn't, so he got his peerage. In any case the Queen must have thought highly of him to give him the Lord Wardenship.

9. Just noticed the bit above.

10. That date is 10 months before Admiral Boyce 'retired' (he remains on the active list). Journalistic licence or a typo and it should read 2003? Link?

Admiral Boyce was probably the 4* who made the Partei feel most uncomfortable until the CGS spoke up the other week. Generals (Admirals and Air Chief Marshals) should become 'political' when the government is full of posturing, short sighted (blind even!) idiots.

Rumsfeld, what a tool.

11. And what would you do? There wasn't much Admiral Boyce could do to stop Bliar's so-called 'adventures' that he magically manages to enjoy without participating in :roll:

Good one though I'd be worried if anyone with a drop of common sense actually took what Blunktwit said seriously! He's just another delusioned labour w@nker with no grip on reality whatsoever.

12. Nice One Boycey! At least, some may think...

And Radical - 'He's just another delusioned labour w@nker with no grip on reality whatsoever.' - presumably he was gripping something then. Makes a change from gripping someone else's wife, I suppose...