Admin discharge not medical

Can anyone tell me where to get more info about an administrative discharge before 9 months service has been completed? Apparently this can be done rather than going down the disciplinary route. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Can anyone tell me where to get more info about an administrative discharge before 9 months service has been completed? Apparently this can be done rather than going down the disciplinary route. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

QRs. I'm feeling particularly helpful for the next ten minutes, so if you give me some more details (by PM if you want), I may be of some assistance.

Don't worry. I won't make it a regular occurrence.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

jurrasic_clerk

Old-Salt

Can you make your mind up whether you are talking about Admin, Medical or Disciplinary matters?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Can you make your mind up whether you are talking about Admin, Medical or Disciplinary matters?

See Post #3.

They're probably still reading QRs anyway.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
It's an admin discharge and being done before 9 months service. No AFB 130a has been given yet.

We need details man, details.

Besides which, I am inherently bored of tidying the house up.

Been told getting admin discharge as did not disclose full criminal history which is bull. Also as an ongoing issue with police it is apparently a burden on the unit so out is the option they have decided on. Flight already booked before even having the meeting with the OC. Looks like a done deal unfortunately.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Been told getting admin discharge as did not disclose full criminal history which is bull. Also as an ongoing issue with police it is apparently a burden on the unit so out is the option they have decided on. Flight already booked before even having the meeting with the OC. Looks like a done deal unfortunately.

I've got a QRs 9.382 at the moment, but I'm sure there's something else. Get a brew.

@ashford_old_school - Don't even start.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Changed my mind. QRs 9.383.

This paragraph applies to an unsuitable recruit, i.e. A soldier who during his first nine months of service and
while still undergoing Phase 1 and Phase 2 recruit training in a training unit, is considered to be:
(1) Unlikely to become an efficient soldier, e.g. unable to complete training to an acceptable standard.
(2) A misfit, e.g. cannot adapt to aspects of military life such as communal living.
(3) An undesirable influence.
(4) Likely to bring discredit on the Service.
(5) Unsatisfactory due to his conduct.
e. A soldier who has been posted away from a training unit on completion of training is not to be terminated under
this paragraph.
f. A soldier who is still serving in a training unit after he has completed nine months service is not to be terminated
under this paragraph. Full details of the case, with the recommendation of the SPSO where necessary, may be
forwarded to the Ministry of Defence (DM(A)) for consideration of termination under para 9.414.
g. This paragraph is not to be used for medical unfitness cases and does not apply to apprentices under the age of
17½ years to whom para 9.411 applies.

You should have been given a AFB 130A with the reasons on it.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Waiting on the OC meeting tomorrow which is probably when the AFB 130a will be given. Gutted is an understatement.

I've PM'd you.

This is much more interesting than soup.

Rick Wakeman

Old-Salt
Is this 'ongoing issue' anything to do with PSNI?

Latest Threads