Adjutant General’s Letter to Service Leavers

In January 2000 I discharged on completion of a 22-years career and amongst other documents I received a form letter from the then Adjutant General thanking me for all the service through difficult times etc. Unfortunately this letter was lost during a house move. Is any Arrser able to assist with posting a photograph or copy of their own said letter as with PhotoShop or similar I wish to reproduce same. Thank you

Dread

LE
You should ask a mod to move this to 'Old and Bold': more recent versions of the letter simply state:
"Thank you for leaving. The CPS will be in touch in 25 - 30 years to accuse you of crimes of which you had no involvement, but may have been at some stage in the same country as the alleged crime. The MoD will throw you to the wolves and ensure that you receive zero support or access to military records, while at the same time helping the Prosecution to ensure that even if you manage to be found 'not guilty', you'll lose your house
Regards,
Adjt Gen.
PS We'll fùck around with your pension for our own amusement."

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You get a letter when you leave? I didn't get so much as a thank you, letter or dining out. You are just a number and (not so these days) easily replaceable.

Dread

LE
You get a letter when you leave? I didn't get so much as a thank you, letter or dining out. You are just a number and (not so these days) easily replaceable.
Replaceable? That's the last thing the MoD wants: they need to reduce the Army to 65,000 from the current 77,000 within the next 4 years.

The more people leave of their own accord, the fewer redundancy payments they need to make.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hmm, you'd like us to help you commit fraud?

If the document was real try asking for a copy of the documents about you the MoD holds. IIRC that'll be an application to Glasgow.

Dread

LE

If the document was real try asking for a copy of the documents about you the MoD holds. IIRC that'll be an application to Glasgow.

It's only fraud if he uses it for financial gain.

I'm not sure a generic letter from Maj Gen Wibbling-Chin DSO CBE dated from 2000 is going to open the doors to free flights, cheap prostitutes, or a 20% discount at Waitrose.

Chef

LE
It's only fraud if he uses it for financial gain.

I'm not sure a generic letter from Maj Gen Wibbling-Chin DSO CBE dated from 2000 is going to open the doors to free flights, cheap prostitutes, or a 20% discount at Waitrose.
Really?

Anyone got a spare I can borrow, for a friend.

OP is likely to be at least 62...

If wants one for his downstairs loo then why not?

Absoblominlutly, that's where all my military guff-certificates and bumf ended up, you have to have something to read that complements a good dump. :p
Or wipe your arse on in my case...

If it helps, I received a nice letter from APC last week - my papers for Reserve liability, a week after my 67th Birthday! :grin:

If it helps, I received a nice letter from APC last week - my papers for Reserve liability, a week after my 67th Birthday! :grin:
Call their bluff. Turn up and demand a complete kit issue

Strange, i received papers thanking me for my service, and telling me i was no longer needed for reserve liability,.......... when i was 45.............by the way, how much is a field marshals reserve list pay? :salut:

Latest Threads