Adidas GSG 9 Mk.I Resole?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Hupra, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soles on my adidas boots are starting to wear down, as they seem quite hard to get hold of now I was wondering if A) they can be re-soled, an B) if so, can anyone recommend a place that does them.

2. In the bin and onto bates falcons I think for you sir .
  3. Are they any good?
  4. Damn- I got the impression that the Falcons weren't quite as good as the Adidas
  5. You could be right, but doesnt look like you have many options :)
  6. dont they are shit!!
  7. A boxhead mate had his re-soled years ago. He sent them to Adidas in Germany along with 20 Euros and they came back nicely polished with new soles and laces. Back then you could also buy a set of replacement soles so that you could take them to a high end runners shop that does re-soling.

Try the company head office in the UK, you never know what can happen if you ask nicely:

adidas - Email
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I second that

Cheers for that cobber!
  9. If you ask in the UK I will fire off an email to Adidas in Germany and I will also ask around the boxheads.

Please bear in mind time differences between me here in the US and you lot in europe, so it may take a day or so before any answers come back.
  10. I spoke with Adidas USA. The chap said they do not offer a repair service here and went on to say that with the amount of calls he gets regarding the GSG mk1 he wished the company would start making them again.

If there is nothing forthcoming from Adidas check one of the UK runners magazines as I am sure there are a couple of training shoe repair places that advertise. You could then get a trainer sole glued on.

EDIT: Reply from Adidas Germany - in short, they can't help and suggest a repair shop:

Sehr geehrter Herr XXXXXXXXX,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail vom 8.6.11.

Gerne hätten wir Ihnen mit Ihrem Anliegen weitergeholfen, Leider gibt es keine Möglichkeit diese Schuhe zu reparieren.

Wir bitten Sie sich an einen Fachhändler zu wenden.

Sofern weitere Fragen bestehen, zögern Sie bitte nicht, uns erneut zu kontaktieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Team