Addressing the gender balance - more women Generals in the Army.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
At least someone will be able to deal with lost children found on the battlefield.

1605726609556.png

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
A couple more RAF contestants

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
A couple more RAF contestants
And, talking of sniping from the sidelines - well done Lincoln Jopp!

ETA: I don't really mean 'well done', I mean 'that's a pretty cheap shot that you wouldn't have taken whilst serving'.

Last edited:

Mattb

LE
Every now and then I look at the MOD DefNet just to make sure they are still moving forwards in their quest to be MOD Ltd or the Army Plc.
Sure enough theres this piece, asking why theres no women at 2 Star General/Admiral/Gp Capt or whatever RAF have, and above, and how can
we get more women at 2 Star and above.

It wont make any difference to the effectiveness of the Armed Forces as far as I can see, as these women will be promoted into posts that whilst important -ish
wont really make a difference to the man on the ground (ok, or woman!) So whats the point? Or are we seeing women now with so much experience that they
are eligible? Surely its best person for the job, regardless of gender?

This must have been discussed before but I cant find a thread to add it to.

View attachment 521437

View attachment 521438
30% seems inherently unreasonable - that's more than double the proportion of females in service in general (Googling suggests 10% Army, 10% RN and 15% RAF). Not only that, but women are - on average - always going to be more likely not to be long-term career officers, due to a larger proportion leaving in later adult life to start a family.

Making sure that women don't get unfairly overlooked for jobs, roles and promotions - including general/flag/air rank - is important, decreeing a specific percentage is idiotic, particularly if you're going to pull figures like 30% of of your hoop*.

*Yours as in the author's, not Twist's.

30% seems inherently unreasonable - that's more than double the proportion of females in service in general (Googling suggests 10% Army, 10% RN and 15% RAF). Not only that, but women are - on average - always going to be more likely not to be long-term career officers, due to a larger proportion leaving in later adult life to start a family.

Making sure that women don't get unfairly overlooked for jobs, roles and promotions - including general/flag/air rank - is important, decreeing a specific percentage is idiotic, particularly if you're going to pull figures like 30% of of your hoop*.

*Yours as in the author's, not Twist's.

Surely to be woke, you've got to account for the men that will give birth and start a family

After all in these woke times, men can have a womb too

They don't just gestate in a box

Solution to the problem.

Make the split arse a 2 star in charge of the Army Catering Corps... She's in charge of a mahoosive kitchen. Her natural environment.

I can see why the army needs more women generals, after all, it’s much more effective that just having another 20 infantry Bns.

Yep, women at the top ‘cause that’s how wars are won.

Can you imagine that.... Every 4th week she'll be going off on one.
It'll be carnage.. No set target.

INVADE EVERYONE.!
It's bad enough turning up to an event and another woman is wearing the same dress. The hatred between them is palpable, for reasons sentient beings find odd at best.

That'll be fun in a uniformed organisation.

Mattb

LE
Surely to be woke, you've got to account for the men that will give birth and start a family

After all in these woke times, men can have a womb too

They don't just gestate in a box
Whilst trans men can indeed become pregnant, they are far less numerous than cis men (both generally and in the Services in particular) and thus make bugger-all difference to the statistics. Also, it's not the pregnancy that really makes the difference - taking a few months out to give birth shouldn't make much difference to later career. It's the leaving altogether to concentrate on family-raising which will affect the numbers.

Latest Threads