Addressing the gender balance - more women Generals in the Army.

In_Twists

Old-Salt
Every now and then I look at the MOD DefNet just to make sure they are still moving forwards in their quest to be MOD Ltd or the Army Plc.
Sure enough theres this piece, asking why theres no women at 2 Star General/Admiral/Gp Capt or whatever RAF have, and above, and how can
we get more women at 2 Star and above.

It wont make any difference to the effectiveness of the Armed Forces as far as I can see, as these women will be promoted into posts that whilst important -ish
wont really make a difference to the man on the ground (ok, or woman!) So whats the point? Or are we seeing women now with so much experience that they
are eligible? Surely its best person for the job, regardless of gender?

This must have been discussed before but I cant find a thread to add it to.

1605710562537.png

1605710608115.png

Do they have to be a cisgendered female or couldn't they persuade someone high up in the RAF to frock up, and change their name to Kate?

Persuade?

I thought that was par for the course in the RAF officers Mess?

Precisely the point, they shouldn't have to work hard on the persuading bit

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
And, to be fair, some of them do look less than obviously cis-gendered

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Do they have to be a cisgendered female or couldn't they persuade someone high up in the RAF to frock up, and change their name to Kate?
Surely the Royal Marines already have this covered?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
When can we expect the publication of a new MoD procurement policy for biscuits?
Including direction on how to eat sandwiches using a knife and fork.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Putin and Co must piss themselves laughing at the wokeness sapping our armed (if armed is not an offensive word) forces

I eagerly await the first black, disabled, Muslim trans CDS... with tourette's hopefully.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I eagerly await the first black, disabled, Muslim trans CDS... with tourette's hopefully.
Hopefully - got to be more competent than Carter and the inexorable march of 'The Rifles'.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Putin and Co must piss themselves laughing at the wokeness sapping our armed (if armed is not an offensive word) forces
I think he has better things to do than waste time laughing at our 'wokeness'.

And so do we.

It's been proven in previous studies that their menstrual cycle can attract bears and sharks.
This has to be taken into account when siting formation headquarters.

Latest Threads