Additional Money on Ops

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by cpunk, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Can anyone give me a current rundown on what additional allowances and benefits we currently get whilst on operations? I need to give a 5 minute brief to a Euro audience, giving them a few bullet points, and pay is decidedly not my strong point.

2. I /will receive(ed)-: LSA, Tax free bonus @ 12.75 a day, Council Tax refund £140, Unpleasant Working Allowance level’s 1 and 2 (for some of the days), Free post (up to 2 kg), 30 minute phone card a week and wife had 2 MMA claims.
    Also the chance to meet new people and shoot at them!!! :twisted:
    Free food and accom and the chance of a sun tan. :D
    Hope that helps.
  3. I would hardly call the council tax refund an allowance or benefit. Unpleasant working allowance is not strictly related directly to deployment either.

The only things I would say are directly attributable are the lump sum op payment for specified operational areas only (if you qualify for it). and LSA.

Of these LSA is the only allowance you are guaranteed for a generic OP tour.
  4. In reply DFS
    Benefit (a payment)…. I will be paid £140 (less that 10% of what I do pay :x ), so it is a benefit as I am not paid it while in this country.
    Unpleasant Working Allowance, you are correct is not directly related to being away, but the tasks I performed while away were.
    The list I offered were payments I have/will receive that I do not receive while in this country.
    It's down to CPUNK to use as he see's fit.
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Thanks chaps.
  6. You also get to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them. You get the chance to be the first kid on your block to get a confirmed kill.
  7. LSA is variable.
    OA is now 13.08 a day
    Surprising few people in the FOBs are getting any UWA despite what they tell you.
    30 minutes free phone calls on a six month tour 90 for 9 months 120 for 12 months
  8. that doesnt surprise me TBH, but there are folk in the COB (one group in particular) getting it for wearing Osprey to work in the morning, to the cookhouse at lunch time and back to there cosy TDA in the evening. they dont have to but because they get UWA they do, for roughly an hour or two a day.

one of my boys who was posted/attached to them on a trawl was chuffed with himself when i bumped into him and asked why he was jumping around in it, when not required... exactly the same level as the lads living in shitholes out and about, and wearing the gear 8/10/12/14 hours a day
  9. Oh do tell -who?