Adams wins Dail Seat - Good Riddance!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
There is nothing to "re-unify" We gave up any claim to the place plus we can't afford it now or in the future.....and half a million disgruntled unionist's/loyalists we could never police it.

Most people here think of the North as a different place.....It might as well be Birmingham.

Aw come on give us some hope. That's just nasty.

Will SIS be able to find another informer to replace him?

Does he not just transfer over to MI6 now, maybe MI6 asked him to stand in Louth, a TD on the books of British Intel?

Irelands a lot smaller now than in the 80's. you see republic numberplates on the streets of Belfast.

A car with Dublin plate gets the benefit of the doubt to a certain extent of having a higher probability of being a hire car full of yanks or some such. That said cars with other counties bigrams turn up in some alarming places in East Belfast and North Antrim (makes my "surname" sense tingle something chronic so it does). It's not all plain sailing though, the "Paddywagon" tour company lost a bus to vandalism when they parked it near the top of Sandy Row ISTR. I thought it was a bit naive of them to expect to get away with it, I certainly wouldn't drive around Cork with an out of focus Union Flag on the side of my bus.

Has Adams resigned ( Chiltern Hundreds etc.) from the British parliament yet? I thought there was some problem with him refusing to(?) If he is still a Member there can be no by-election, hence, no replacement.

The apparatchiks fudged him in as far as he wanted to go, now they'll fudge him out again.

Sort of understand what youir saying CLC but try parking a car with a cross of st George anywhere in Scotland. You will be calling your insurance company in minutes. Anywho to someone like me a fairly impartial observer the changes in all of Ireland are amazing. Going back to the cars. mates from the south would never drive north of the boarder even a few years ago. I flew over for a trade show in the kings hall last week and was still surprised to see the number of state plates around Belfast. Ditto for the north. people I have known a while now go down south when they all but swore they never would not so long ago. Fortunatly or unfortunatly depending on your view Gerry done the same though even as a confirmed "paddyphile" louth is shitkicker county and anyone with somthing shiney and a comeallya would get in there

metocman

Old-Salt
I thought that he refused to take his seat in Westminster because it would legitimise British rule in Ireland. If thats the case, will he take his seat in the southern parliament? Won't that amount to the same thing?

B

Boozy

I thought that he refused to take his seat in Westminster because it would legitimise British rule in Ireland. If thats the case, will he take his seat in the southern parliament? Won't that amount to the same thing?

Do explain...

metocman

Old-Salt
the "Paddywagon" tour company lost a bus to vandalism when they parked it near the top of Sandy Row ISTR. I thought it was a bit naive of them to expect to get away with it, I certainly wouldn't drive around Cork with an out of focus Union Flag on the side of my bus.

I showed a South African friend round Londonderry and a few other places back in 2004, he then took a Paddywagon tour round Ireland where apparently the tour guides gave their slant on the local situation and they were almost pro-IRA in their views.

My mate was happy though as he says in his trip he got a tatse of both sides!

No, Sinn Fein have endorsed taking their seats in the Dáil, since 1986, its a twin approach to trying to win a United Ireland, stuff the Armalite and try to win a United Ireland by holding the majority of the ballot box in the North and South.

A car with Dublin plate gets the benefit of the doubt to a certain extent of having a higher probability of being a hire car full of yanks or some such. That said cars with other counties bigrams turn up in some alarming places in East Belfast and North Antrim (makes my "surname" sense tingle something chronic so it does). It's not all plain sailing though, the "Paddywagon" tour company lost a bus to vandalism when they parked it near the top of Sandy Row ISTR. I thought it was a bit naive of them to expect to get away with it, I certainly wouldn't drive around Cork with an out of focus Union Flag on the side of my bus.
The Amount of UK reg cars/bus's/trucks around here would beg to differ.........Just don't drive around Shannon, that's full of Northern monkey's.

Sort of understand what youir saying CLC but try parking a car with a cross of st George anywhere in Scotland. You will be calling your insurance company in minutes. Anywho to someone like me a fairly impartial observer the changes in all of Ireland are amazing. Going back to the cars. mates from the south would never drive north of the boarder even a few years ago. I flew over for a trade show in the kings hall last week and was still surprised to see the number of state plates around Belfast. Ditto for the north. people I have known a while now go down south when they all but swore they never would not so long ago. Fortunatly or unfortunatly depending on your view Gerry done the same though even as a confirmed "paddyphile" louth is shitkicker county and anyone with somthing shiney and a comeallya would get in there
Louth and rest of the border counties are weird......they do have a lovely Orange order march though in Donegal.

Which reminds me of a funny story. A couple of years back RTE (state broadcaster) interviewed a man in the Republic (his name escapes me unfortunately) who was a "Southern unionist" (we have a few). He was a protestant, but anyhow they did an interview with him where they followed him on his day (which seemed to involve copious amounts of snooker playing).
So he spent most of the time complaining (nothing to do with his religion ect, he was just a whiny ****) How the ROI was very anti his type of folks(maybe we are, I personally don't give a shit) and that if he could he'd emigrate straight away....but people from the ROI were not allowed to go to NI/UK as it was foreign so he was stuck here with us papists and according to him, country that was 102% IRA membership ....
So as we all had a collective laugh at this buffoon the question is raised. Apparently this man missed the last 80 years, the formation of the EU and the GF agreement......and had the balls to complain about his own stupidity.

I wonder did he ever finally move?

You lads up North want this MENSA member?

Sorry for the story I just dredged it up from the back of my mind.

B

Boozy

......they do have a lovely Orange order march though in Donegal.

Rossnowlagh :) Used to go every summer. A lot of parades in the north would do well to take tips from how it is run, genuine nice family day out by the beach.

Great insight to how the Garda deal with parking issues as well, witnessed a car parked obstructing the road... 4 Garda men wandered down at their leisure and got a corner each (was a wee car) then rock n rolled it into the ditch! Quality!

Rossnowlagh :) Used to go every summer. A lot of parades in the north would do well to take tips from how it is run, genuine nice family day out by the beach.

Great insight to how the Garda deal with parking issues as well, witnessed a car parked obstructing the road... 4 Garda men wandered down at their leisure and got a corner each (was a wee car) then rock n rolled it into the ditch! Quality!

Probably the superintendent's car.... :)

Gonna be a bit confusing for Gerry when they start talking about the IDF, during Taoiseach question time.
I believe some off his mates run about using the same Gaelic translation.

Gonna be a bit confusing for Gerry when they start talking about the IDF, during Taoiseach question time.
I believe some off his mates run about using the same Gaelic translation.

Oh that's going to be golden....Gerry pay's a visit to the wing's (our THEM) compound inside the Curragh on a fact finding mission. They take him up to have a first hand look at HALO free fall training.....Gerry can't fly, problem solved.

We can all dream can't we?

The apparatchiks fudged him in as far as he wanted to go, now they'll fudge him out again.

I understood there was some "digging in of heels" regarding his resignation. A member can't just resign. Could be interesting.

Defence Minister... Gerry we're going to met a few members of Oglaigh Na Heireann.

Gerry Adams... Thats brilliant, give me a chance to show how, my policies are coming along...

Defence Minister... Now Gerry, theres a diferrence here, they'll be saluting me not you, this is the "Real Oglaigh Na Heireann"...

Gerry Adams... Oww yer confusing me now minister, Is this the RIRA, the IRA or the Irish Defence Forces yer talking about now.

The Amount of UK reg cars/bus's/trucks around here would beg to differ.........Just don't drive around Shannon, that's full of Northern monkey's.

Don't even know about the bus's reg in this case PG. "Paddywagons" are done out in a failrly lurid green and have a cartoon of a sheep on roundel with a mostly white background but there is a definite stripe of orange and green on either side of it.

Sort of understand what youir saying CLC but try parking a car with a cross of st George anywhere in Scotland. You will be calling your insurance company in minutes.

You understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Come home to a real fire, buy a cottage in Wales as they used to say on Not the Nine 'Clock News.

I understood there was some "digging in of heels" regarding his resignation. A member can't just resign. Could be interesting.

Could well be but there was "digging in of heels" about not taking the oath and not appearing in the chamber too. I sense a good old muddle through coming on.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Great insight to how the Garda deal with parking issues as well, witnessed a car parked obstructing the road... 4 Garda men wandered down at their leisure and got a corner each (was a wee car) then rock n rolled it into the ditch! Quality![/QUOTE
Long long time ago after getting busted for doing the stations the wrong way round. We returned. Rosknowlagh oilstained beach Years later, new church locked up needles found in the pews.
Dublin. Dumped stuff in hotel. Ms Skid2 hauls me off to O Connell St, broad daylight at teatime in the summer. Being a girl she hits the bar. I (in those days) inadvertantly light up to get screamed at there's a smoking ban in the bar. Do my sorrys and dive out into the street, slap into a bunch of chavs (what the **** that ever is or was in irish) and baseball hats in the middle of a drug deal. The city centre at teatime in broad daylight. Hands up and go 'Hey. Just out for a smoke' I must have looked grumpy, old, bad tempered and carrying a stick. I got a 'Sorry mister' and they sodded off The bar people were amazed I hadn't been stabbed (It wasn't my round) I have to say whatever they do in the 26 counties. They're welcome to it.

Latest Threads