• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Adams A for Amnesty

Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams was accused of hypocrisy today after demanding no amnesty for police officers and soldiers involved in terrorist killings.
He's been accused of being a murdering terrorist bastard for many years, so I can't see that being called a hypocrite is going to bother him. How / why he remains alive today I don't know, but he and McGuinness are two of the very few people I'd quite happily see executed.

Just thought it was an update on the likely route for the inquiry into deaths at the hands of service people. His people get off, the rest are nicked.

"we sought to ensure the scheme would not hinder the search for the truth"

So we're finally going to be told the truth about Birmingham and Guildford, are we, from one who knows? That's nice.

I don't think there should be an amnesty for soldiers/policemen suspected of involvment in collusion or illegal killings. Although probably for very different reasons from Adams...

The truly shocking thing about this bill is that it sends the message that NI was a civil war and "hey guys, atrocities were committed on all sides, lets all forgive each other". It somehow says the security forces were just another group in the war just like PIRA,UVF etc etc. I don't accept that and I think its a disgusting message to send out.

I think/hope there were few illegal killings etc by the security forces but if they have done something wrong they should be tried. Policemen/soldiers should not be victims of a witchhunt, but if new evidence comes to light then they should be tried.

Tricam.

I know the kind of amnesty I'd gie the both of them. A 9mm permanent amnesty.

DozyBint said:
Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams was accused of hypocrisy today after demanding no amnesty for police officers and soldiers involved in terrorist killings.
He's been accused of being a murdering terrorist bastard for many years, so I can't see that being called a hypocrite is going to bother him. How / why he remains alive today I don't know, but he and McGuinness are two of the very few people I'd quite happily see executed.
Beacause the guy that shot at Him and McGuiness, during a rally back in the early days, MISSED !!!!

Do you know, if I was ever going to go off the rails it would have been to take they two feckers out!

Yet another concession, good lod Tony Blair comes up trumps again for the Terrorists, its an absolute disgrace. What must the people think who have lost family members to people who are now in line for a pardon. Pathetic.

We should have let the sneakys take them out in the 80's when the 'shoot to kill' row was going on. It would have all died down by now.

No disrespect mate but they are both '69ers' and were responsible for the development of the 4 man ASU and other tactics. They were both active volunteers and have killed by their own hand and later instructed other volunteers to kill. They were both PIRA so called 'Brigade Commanders' and both sat on and chaired the PIRA 'army council'.

Adams wrote the IRA's 'Green Book' while he was in the Kesh.

You still say they were from the 'peaceful' side?

I know Tri, like Hitler was allegedly the liberal face of Nazism! Maybe this is where I become extreme, ( 8O ) but if you remove enough 'heads' they eventually run out of people willing or able to take the role.

I completely agree they are murdering scum. But the fact is they one were one of the first people within the IRA to see violence was going nowhere. This occured to them sometime in the 1980's, they gained control of the IRA and then brought it along the peace process.

Yeah, I do think they were from the peaceful faction... go have a chat with McKevitt or his looney wife Bernadette Sands-Mckevit if you want meet meet psychos even worse than them....

I'm just making the point that shooting the non-extremist faction of your enemy would be stupid...

Tricam.

Adams and McGuiness did not see anything of the sort. They were on the verge of defeat militarily and decided they should pursue a joint strategy of violence and politics. It was announced at a P Sinn Fein 'Ard Fheiss' by Danny Morrison that they would be enjoining in elections in a policy they called the 'Armalite and the Ballot Box'.

They are murdering scum and responsible for the deaths of thousands - the only reward they are due is a neck-shot.

tricam said:
I don't think there should be an amnesty for soldiers/policemen suspected of involvment in collusion or illegal killings. Although probably for very different reasons from Adams...

The truly shocking thing about this bill is that it sends the message that NI was a civil war and "hey guys, atrocities were committed on all sides, lets all forgive each other". It somehow says the security forces were just another group in the war just like PIRA,UVF etc etc. I don't accept that and I think its a disgusting message to send out.

I think/hope there were few illegal killings etc by the security forces but if they have done something wrong they should be tried. Policemen/soldiers should not be victims of a witchhunt, but if new evidence comes to light then they should be tried.

Tricam.
I think the more disturbing mesage it gives out is to say to the current teerrorist groups "come on lads, do your worst, explode your bombs, kill our policeman, murder the innocent, wait until we're at worship at our war memorials remebering the dead who gave us our freedom and butcher us with your bombs and don't worry a bit about it because we'll let you off and be nice to you to encourage you stop doing it, but we'll never take an eye for an eye. We're a gutless useless bunch of fu**wits.

The IRA wanted War, why the hell didn't we give it to them instead of pissing about with whatever names they came up with for tying the securty forces hands and feet together. I've had enough, I,m going to the pub, TTFN

Tricam: "I don't think there should be an amnesty for soldiers/policemen suspected of involvment in collusion or illegal killings. "

There isn't now, never has been and never will be (and won't be while I draw breath). Every case in which a human has died in Northern Ireland has been investigated by any number of official agencies; the fact that a number haven't been satisfactorily concluded is down to the Provisional IRA/Sinn Fein's policy of killing witnesses or to the British Government's fatuous efforts to satisfy a constituency while ignoring the Law.

I was once a party to the prosecution of an individual who had committed a serious crime while in uniform. I did my level best to ensure that the bstard went to jail for it. The fact that the man he killed was a far worse ball of scum than he was had nothing to do with my desire to see the law complied with, and that we weren't tarred with his brush.

There have been controversial events ('Bloody Sunday', the Birmingham/Guildford miscarriages of justice, Pte Clegg's conviction etc) and in each case British Justice was seen to be done. We (or misguided individuals) might have got it wrong, but the fact that we did our damnedest to make sure the innocent stay out of gaol seems to have worked out in the end - and don't be fooled into thinking that the 'miscarriages' referred to above are the ones which the public may think they are. Some of us know better.

The greatest miscarriages of justice, after all, are the 3165 murders of individual human beings by terrorists of all colours; mostly 'republican', but all criminal, all unnecessary and all worthy of a death sentence on the perpetrator, not amnesty.