Acuvue Oasis vs. Focus Night and Day Contact Lenses

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gremlin0790, Oct 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I currently use the Acuvue Oasis 2 week contact lenses, they are supposed to let far more oxygen into the eye but should be taken out every night. However recently they have been giving me problems when falling asleep with them on (which I know I shouldn't do but there are occasions when I can't take them out i.e. when in the field or when pissed) - I have been getting Contact Lens Acute Red Eye. All is well when I am in my cosy flat and can deal with it, but it could be a major problem if I got it in the field. I was looking into the Focus Night and Day 30 day contact lenses, has anyone ever used them and have you encountered any problems with sleeping in them before? I was going to get a box and give them a bash, but I don't want to shell £30 so quickly.

Cheers for any help.

2. Don't know the answer but unless you are really hard up spend the £30 and find out. It's your eyes! What more important thing could you spend the money on?

Regards,

ES>

3. Yeah, I use the Focus 30 day things. They work great for me.

Now, take into consideration that I'm a retired git, and haven't worn these things in the field or anything, but I personally haven't had any problems with them.

Follow the instructions to the letter, and keep them super clean before putting them in (they'll be in there for a month, so any bugs, or crud, that could be under the lense will be stuck there until you take them out!).

That's my two kopecks.