Actor Daniel Craig appointed honorary Royal Navy Commander

arcticfox042

War Hero
Well at least he looks the part, unlike that twat Bear Grylls 'Honorary' Col RM

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 22.17.39.png

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Being saluted by James Bond might be fun if you're an OF5 :)

Artoria

Clanker
Well, I hope he bins those overalls sharpish - I can't believe the Admiral was let out looking like that.

Fleming's Bond was Wavy Navy, like his creator. Any actual sea-going career is difficult to imagine, given Bond's stated youthfulness in the earlier novels and given he was supposedly recruited to the intelligence community before the war. Bond is nevertheless able to sit & booze with his boss and talk about the old days like an old salt and he is familiar with Naval life. It's almost as though none of it's quite true.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
“That’s what the real Royal Navy does every day, using technology and skill the same way as Bond himself.

Right. So can we now see an excess of Royal knife fighting/Wather PPK shooting their way out of trouble in HK, Hooping their way through attactive women in Monte Carlo hotel rooms, wrecking expensive sports cars whilst fleeing from bald, ego-centric enemies of the Realm, escaping from undersea dungeons using a combination cigarette lighter/coathanger/bomb and chucking their caps nonchantly across aroom to land perfectly on a coat peg?

I know that @Ravers has already done most of that, but it looks as if everyone can have a bash now.

Matelows. When it gets a bit sticky and you're in front of your Captain sans hat & laces, just quote the First Sea Lord Admiral, Sir Tony Radakin.

Yokel

LE
Can't remember the film but HMS Whitby appeared in one towards the end of the film. I know this as I looked up the Pennant Number, F36, in Ian Allen's. :cool:

Was it Thunderball where the criminal's gunboat was sunk by 4.5 inch shells?

Anyone, when he was a few years younger Daniel Craig looked a lot like a well known Sea Harrier driver and CVS Cdr(Air).

img

Last edited:
Craig was on the Graham Norton show last night, and he was actually quite funny. He talked about filming the train fight scene in Spectre with Dave Batista, the ex-Wrestler. Craig said Batista is a nice guy, and was being gentle as possible while throwing Craig all over the set. Craig told him to put more force into it, so the fight would look real. Batista then slammed Craig into a wall so hard that Craig had to got to hospital with a knee injury.

When he returned to filming the fight scene, he accidently, broke Batista's nose,

"I threw a punch, heard a cracking noise and looked up to see blood pouring from Dave's nose. I ran away because I thought he was about to kill me! But he told me it was alright, set the broken nose with his bare hands and we got back to filming the scene" =-D

EddieVDog

Clanker
“That’s what the real Royal Navy does every day, using technology and skill the same way as Bond himself.

Right. So can we now see an excess of Royal knife fighting/Wather PPK shooting their way out of trouble in HK, Hooping their way through attactive women in Monte Carlo hotel rooms, wrecking expensive sports cars whilst fleeing from bald, ego-centric enemies of the Realm, escaping from undersea dungeons using a combination cigarette lighter/coathanger/bomb and chucking their caps nonchantly across aroom to land perfectly on a coat peg?

I know that @Ravers has already done most of that, but it looks as if everyone can have a bash now.

Matelows. When it gets a bit sticky and you're in front of your Captain sans hat & laces, just quote the First Sea Lord Admiral, Sir Tony Radakin.
Nope wouldn't happen, not enough spaces in the Diving branch for everyone to do that

Artoria

Clanker
How many RN ships have made an appearance in a bond film? Fearless did and I think Andrew.
Any others?
There's a couple of mocked-up submarine interiors and a frigate or 2 in Tomorrow Never Dies - which also features Pierce Brosnan got up as a Naval officer with SBS wings, sadly looking like an airline pilot. But at least he didnt look as though he's come round to mend your boiler like these 2 lads.

Latest Threads