Actor Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman on film set.

Says he doesn't feel guilt? Really? Not a good look dude, guess it helps him legally but it makes him sound like a psycho.

I caught this as well. There's obviously some strategy to it that will support him in the long run legally or whatever, but at present he comes across as being falsely packaged as a human being.

As memory serves it was 'The Riddle' 2007. The location manager touched base to say they would be filming but no traffic control was required for road closures and no officer required for reassurance and safety as there were no firearms scenes or actors in police uniform.

View attachment 619919A couple of days later Thames Wapping (river police) gives me a call and wants to know why they had not heard from me about a staged waterborne gun battle and Vinny Jones losing two blank firing prop MP5s somewhere between Tate Modern and The Kings Steps. They only knew about the lost items because the location manager had asked them if the underwater search unit would find them for free.

1/ Production management tell porkies
2/ Vinny would have been a crap goal keeper with those butter fingers.

( 'The Riddle' went straight to DVD, btw)
I think I might know where the MP5's are. Near a tree by a river there's a hole in the ground...

DSJ

LE
Question to those in the know with SA revolvers:

At around the 47s mark:

Interviewer: "So you have this Colt 45, so you just pulled..."

Baldwin: "...the hammer as far back as I could without cocking the actual..."

Interviewer: "And you're holding onto the hammer."

Baldwin: "I'm holding it, I'm just showing, I'm going how about that, does that work, do you see that, do you see that, she goes yeah thats good, I let go off the hammer and BANG the gun goes off."

As I understand it, his defence is that he did not pull the trigger and the gun "just went off". If he pulled back the hammer on a single action revolver and did not pull it back far enough for one of the three 'clicks' to engage and hold it back, then by it's very design the hammer is going to fall straight back and strike a primer (if there).

Hasn't he just admitted to effectively "firing off the action" whilst pointing the weapon at someone?

TamH70

MIA

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sometimes the camera gets taken out
Jessica Biel shot the arse out of a 300,000K camera
Have no sound where I am, but it looked as if it a funny incident with only material damage.

A thousand times that rather that than taking a life.
And then show fokoll remorse...

I believe the military refer to firearms as "weapons" and not "guns"

I'm trying not to be cynical but looking at this interview

I'm trying to work out if Balders is trying to get the best actor and best original screenplay at the 2022 Oscars ? I also refer to him as Balders because this interview has a whiff of one of Blackadder's underling's cunning plans
Cunning plan or planning cnut?
Alright, kudos to the man for pointing out he is not the victim here, credit where credit's due.
But still, I'm left wondering if he is trying to get his "narrative" out in front, he is a media professional after all. Maybe that's just me.
I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anyone and that he feels shoite about this.
I don't take the conspiracy theories about it seriously in the slightest. I've heard them and it takes an effort of will not to roll my eyes.

I believe the military refer to firearms as "weapons" and not "guns"

I'm trying not to be cynical but looking at this interview

I'm trying to work out if Balders is trying to get the best actor and best original screenplay at the 2022 Oscars ? I also refer to him as Balders because this interview has a whiff of one of Blackadder's underling's cunning plans

He strikes me as a profoundly dodgy individual. Even by the rather dubious standards of his profession.

Alec Baldwin says that his protocol is NOT to check a firearm every time someone hands one to him.
Yes, he really is the moron you always thought he was.

Alec Baldwin says that his protocol is NOT to check a firearm every time someone hands one to him.
Yes, he really is the moron you always thought he was.
You've clearly not read a single post in the early part of this thread and understood the protocols that are standard in US film making, hence this post getting a "dumb" from someone almost immediately.

You've clearly not read a single post in the early part of this thread and understood the protocols that are standard in US film making, hence this post getting a "dumb" from someone almost immediately.

And "likes" from two others. Not that I give rat's arse about getting a "dumb" from him or anyone else. Alec Baldwin has managed to f*ck himself over with this interview he's recently done, making him quite literally the moron I've always suspected him of being.

District attorney reacts to Alec Baldwin after he claims it's ‘unlikely’ he'll be charged in ‘Rust’ shooting

He already thinks he's off the hook, saying he's been in touch with people who assure him it is "highly unlikely" he would face criminal charges. Others think differently:

DA: "No one who handled gun cleared of culpability"
Sheriff: "Guns don't just go off. So whatever needs to happen to manipulate the firearm, he did that, and it was in his hands."

It is weird, but I'm thinking he really is that much of an impulsive idiot based on how the DA and sheriff are saying he's wrong, not cleared of criminal culpability, and telling an obvious lie about not pulling the trigger. That, or he's just arrogant enough to think he's untouchable.

Last edited:
And "likes" from two others. Not that I give rat's arse about getting a "dumb" from him or anyone else. Alec Baldwin has managed to f*ck himself over with this interview he's recently done, making him quite literally the moron I've always suspected him of being.

District attorney reacts to Alec Baldwin after he claims it's ‘unlikely’ he'll be charged in ‘Rust’ shooting

He already thinks he's off the hook, saying he's been in touch with people who assure him it is "highly unlikely" he would face criminal charges. Others think differently:

DA: "No one who handled gun cleared of culpability"
Sheriff: "Guns don't just go off. So whatever needs to happen to manipulate the firearm, he did that, and it was in his hands."

It is weird, but I'm thinking he really is that much of an impulsive idiot based on how the DA and sheriff are saying he's wrong, not cleared of criminal culpability, and telling an obvious lie about not pulling the trigger. That, or he's just arrogant enough to think he's untouchable.
I wouldn't care to speculate what is his state of mind at the moment. Rather more interested to understand what facts are known, and sift those out from coulda/ woulda/ shoulda type speculation (and the stuff that is alleged (i.e. unsupperted by hard evidence), and the stuff that looks like it's just made-up.

Afeter that, US legal processes will roll on, and it's a fair bet that every lawyer acting for every client with an interest in this case, is already advising their client on how the game is played, and the part the client needs to play in it.

Whether what emerges in the end is viewed this side of the Atlantic as justice well-served remains to be seen.

Updating my #1,340 - my Google feed caught up with BBC News last night. So (as of 2 Dec 2021) the names of those believed to have had a hand in supplying ammo to the film crew are in the public domain, and a search warrant (worth reading, if you have time) was issued last Tuesday:

An affidavit with the warrant said police were told ammunition for the film had come from several sources, including PDQ Arm & Prop.​
The affidavit said the ammunition supplier's owner, Seth Kenney, had told investigators the live round may have been from some "reloaded ammunition".​
He said the ammunition he supplied for the film consisted of dummy rounds and blanks, according to the affidavit.​
Mr Kenney is quoted as saying that he supplied to the Rust crew only blanks and dummies, manufactured by Starline Brass. His lawyers say he disputes the accuracy of some statements in the affidavit, probably not least:
  • the one by Thell Reed (father of the Rust armourer) to the effect that he had supplied 2-300 hand-loaded .45 rounds to PDQ Arm & Prop back in Aug/Sep, and that the leftovers were never returned to him, nor properly accounted for - leading him to suggest (as you'd expect from a good dad trying to help his girl out, and maybe settle a score with Kenney?) that the fatal round might have been from that batch, and;
  • the one by the Propmaster saying that (after the shooting) she gave some of the rounds remaining in the box from which the weapon was loaded a 'rattle-test' (believing that a dummy round is rattly, and a live round is not - which tells me that they weren't instantly/ by eye distinguishable one from the other), and that some of those in the box were worryingly rattle-free.
However, we also have the Propmaster's statement that ammo on set was from multiple sources, including some brought by Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, and some purchased from a dude she could name only as "Billy Ray"

All of which serves to muddy the waters still further, I guess.

Latest Threads