Actor Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman on film set.

Americans have Occupational Safety and Health Administration both at Federal and State level.
I am sure I once saw a documentary which stated that there were only 36 field operatives in the entire Federal H&S administration.

Jacl

War Hero
very common in cowboy movies - known as 'fanning'.
very common in cowboy movies - known as 'fanning'.
With a fanning gun the trigger is deactivated, pulling the hammer back or hitting it with the palm just behind the little finger causes the hammer to move rapidly to the rear and fall the moment the hand is moved out of the way. But the blow has to be hard enough to move the hammer back fully. With a slip gun the hammer is held back by the web of skin between thumb and forefinger, to fire the gun the grip is eased sufficiently for the hammer to slip out of position and be propelled by the main spring.

I am sure I once saw a documentary which stated that there were only 36 field operatives in the entire Federal H&S administration.

Federal OSHA is a small agency, it has around 1,850 inspectors. Keep in mind that those inspectors only work on Federal projects or projects on Federal land.

Then you have the State, County and local inspectors as well. When we were building our home and other buildings the local inspector was never away from our place.

Only place for 500 miles with a decent brew and scotch pie.

What else did you expect?

That’s pretty impressive and he obviously has the required respect for the firearms he’s using.

Don't know if he is still doing it but he was pretty well thought of in three gun competition community as well. He used to compete all over the country.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Interestingly Hollywood has seemingly had a non-stop fascination with promoting and glamourising gun violence since year dot, yet they would have us believe the industry is populated by modern day hippies, only with more money and different taste in clothes.
Hippies, hypocrites, tomayto, tomahto…

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But I do find it somewhat ironic that the actor community that wants to bans guns, are also very enthusiastic about making movies that celebrate guns.
viz. the late and unlamented Sean "I love Schcotland sho much I choosh to shtay in Shpain" Connery.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
He didn't load the weapon and was told that it was safe. He had no reason not to take the armourer at her word.
Similarly if you were about to fly an airframe you'd have no reason not to take the ground crew's word so wouldn't check anything yourself.

Similarly if you were about to fly an airframe you'd have no reason not to take the ground crew's word so wouldn't check anything yourself.
No pilot worth his salt would fly anything without doing a walkaround. I fix them and fly them and will never fly anything I haven't preflighted.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But an actor pretending to be a pilot is going to just do their job and assume others have done theirs.
True, but then the director isn't likely to tell the actor to fly the aircraft.

Latest Threads