Actor Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman on film set.

Good thing he was never asked to strip, clean and assemble an SA80, then . . .
Compared to assembling a Lego Scooby Do Mystery Machine for your 3yr old, an SA80 in the dark is a walk in the park, Kozanski

I think he's fibbing
Or "mis-remembering"

Difficult to know how he's gonna explain it going "BANG!", if he didn't pull the trigger

I note, however, that a breakfast time UK bulletin had it that a local supplier of dummy rounds is now being investigated as a possible point of failure (as in fvcked up converting live rounds to "dummy" )

Blame dodging gets more frantic.

I'm left wondering why Alec wasn't simply handed a weapon with empty chambers

Or "mis-remembering"

Difficult to know how he's gonna explain it going "BANG!", if he didn't pull the trigger

I note, however, that a breakfast time UK bulletin had it that a local supplier of dummy rounds is now being investigated as a possible point of failure (as in fvcked up converting live rounds to "dummy" )

Blame dodging gets more frantic.

I'm left wondering why Alec wasn't simply handed a weapon with empty chambers
Bangs and muzzle smoke are added post production, so yes, good point.

Bangs and muzzle smoke are added post production, so yes, good point.
He wasn't even rehearsing, AIUI, just figuring out camera angles (hence deceased in line of fire) and actions that might be required in that "shot", hence Director's close proximity to the cinematographer.

It should have been a zero risk moment in a an ordinary day at the office . . .
. . . . but somebody fvcked it up, and I can't find it in myself to load all the blame on AlecB.

So far, based on what's 'out there', I still think he's the least liable for this fatal fvckup

He wasn't even rehearsing, AIUI, just figuring out camera angles (hence deceased in line of fire) and actions that might be required in that "shot", hence Director's close proximity to the cinematographer.

It should have been a zero risk moment in a an ordinary day at the office . . .
. . . . but somebody fvcked it up, and I can't find it in myself to load all the blame on AlecB.

So far, based on what's 'out there', I still think he's the least liable for this fatal fvckup
Inclined to agree.
Happily, other than dumbass actors and directors nearly getting themselves shot by the police, my only problem with a firearm during filming was Vinny Jones losing a blank firing MP5 in the Thames.
***kin footballers!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It will be interesting to see how he thinks he can square this one away.
From someone who when asked, "How are your gun slinging and horse-riding skills ?" replied:
"They’re always at the ready. I’m an actor of the old school. So if you read my resume — my motorcycle riding, my French, juggling, my horseback riding, my gunplay — is all right at my fingertips at all times." he obviously thinks - or thought - he's a bit of an expert in these skills.

I don't know if his gun "play" is always at his fingertips, but the trigger obviously was.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
One of Baldwin's comments reference the woman he killed, Halyna Hutchings, was, “She was my friend, she was my friend. When I arrived in Sante Fe to start shooting, I took her to dinner.”

I wonder just how deep this friendship went, had he been slipping her an after dinner length of "expert gunslinger," or was she aware of some other indiscretions ?
All speculation I know, but things that hopefully are being investigated.

Changing his story during an investigation looks strange.

RaiderBoat

War Hero
S
One of Baldwin's comments reference the woman he killed, Halyna Hutchings, was, “She was my friend, she was my friend. When I arrived in Sante Fe to start shooting, I took her to dinner.”

I wonder just how deep this friendship went, had he been slipping her an after dinner length of "expert gunslinger," or was she aware of some other indiscretions ?
All speculation I know, but things that hopefully are being investigated.

Changing his story during an investigation looks strange.
So Baldwin admits he arrived in Santa Fe to “start shooting.” Case closed.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like he's just about to deploy the poltergeist defence.

Well it's an about turn sharp enough to put even the Guards to shame. It just seems so, so contrary to everything we have heard and understand so far. It's not just like a variation on a theme, swerving things a bit or trying to add a some confusion and fog to the mix, this is parallel universe kind of difference.

Perhaps it is a metaphorical attempt to spread the blame "I didn't pull the trigger" becomes " in essence others pulled the trigger as they allowed the gun to get in this state and I was just following the script". Hollywood types are very good at spinning stories and taking the moral high ground. We will see.

DSJ

LE
Well it's an about turn sharp enough to put even the Guards to shame. It just seems so, so contrary to everything we have heard and understand so far. It's not just like a variation on a theme, swerving things a bit or trying to add a some confusion and fog to the mix, this is parallel universe kind of difference.

Perhaps it is a metaphorical attempt to spread the blame "I didn't pull the trigger" becomes " in essence others pulled the trigger as they allowed the gun to get in this state and I was just following the script". Hollywood types are very good at spinning stories and taking the moral high ground. We will see.

"It just went off by itself". Hm.

I imagine the investigation will be demanding a report on the condition/mechanical safety of the pistol in question.

Latest Threads