Actor Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman on film set.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
Surely it’s weird for anyone? I’m a civvy but even I know that you never point a gun at anyone, and you never ever accept anyone’s word that a gun is safe.

You do not tit around with guns, you keep them pointing down-range (preferably with a downward angle), and assume it’s loaded until you’ve checked it. And if you don’t know how to check it, leave it the feck alone.
Unless is a movie PROP ,, and it's a make-believe film

DSJ

LE
DD997569-150D-4E44-A6D5-6E3EFB3539B8.jpeg

Show us on the dolly where he touched you

Enough of your incestuous filth, you miserable cock-sucking po-faced turd.
Why do industrial-strength, lifetime shiteaters like you come here?
F*ck off back to your hole.
You sound like a child molester.

No idea to Any of those questions .... I wasn't there but I'm fairly sure that'll be all down to the props guys. Nowt to do with the unfortunate Mr Baldwin. Who is culpable of premeditated homicide According to a few on here.... he was handed a prop
So in this instance, if you can't help me with any other instance, the prop he was handed was a real gun with real ammo, or so it seems.

I'm not apportioning blame, just saying...

Enough of your incestuous filth, you miserable cock-sucking po-faced turd.
Why do industrial-strength, lifetime shiteaters like you come here?
You sound angry - can you post a picture of your war face?

Unless is a movie PROP ,, and it's a make-believe film
Which is a fair point, and I agree we have no facts. I just wonder if an armourer is needed if you‘re using something that’s just a prop?

Which is a fair point, and I agree we have no facts. I just wonder if an armourer is needed if you‘re using something that’s just a prop?
Yeah, Prop to me means 'rubber gun' or somethings that doesn't work at all - anything that can go bang, so has an inherent danger, would need an armourer and stringent safety etc... - again, from a point of ignorance.

All in all though, going from the multiplying headlines in various media, sounds like the whole thing was a shit show.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, Prop to me means 'rubber gun' or somethings that doesn't work at all - anything that can go bang, so has an inherent danger, would need an armourer and stringent safety etc... - again, from a point of ignorance.

All in all though, going from the multiplying headlines in various media, sounds like the whole thing was a shit show.
I'm just arguing against this Mr Baldwin did thus or did that or should have done thus or should have done that...etc etc.
I understand they do have armourers and prop guys and they are going to be put under a microscope over this. But the actor is just that and the prop is just that and I genuinely don't believe he's at fault here

Surely it’s weird for anyone? I’m a civvy but even I know that you never point a gun at anyone, and you never ever accept anyone’s word that a gun is safe.

You do not tit around with guns, you keep them pointing down-range (preferably with a downward angle), and assume it’s loaded until you’ve checked it. And if you don’t know how to check it, leave it the feck alone.

I suppose from mr Baldwins point 70% of the time its a rubber gun hes handed - then sometimes its a deactivated - then occasionally a live gun for blanks.
Theres never a real bullet around either

Most of the time then theres nothing to check - its not real, ( Was he even aware it was real rather than a dummy/ replica/ deactivated. )

Can see why under those circumstances you would take it on trust from the individual who is responsible that youre handed what he says hes handing.

A Tragic accident but i do thinK mr Baldwins the smallest link in that very broken chain

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
for those who think he should have checked, what was he going to check?

here we have pictures of some rounds, one set real, one set fake/inert/dummy.

how is an actor going to know which ones are which?

1635023773774.png
1635023882210.png

I'm just arguing against this Mr Baldwin did thus or did that or should have done thus or should have done that...etc etc.
I understand they do have armourers and prop guys and they are going to be put under a microscope over this. But the actor is just that and the prop is just that and I genuinely don't believe he's at fault here
I've no idea where the fault lies either - I'm just trying to understand the environment where things that go bang and are dangerous are handled in this way - It's an alien scenario for me (us).

I still don't know what constitutes a prop, a dummy, pretend, mock etc... as opposed to something that fires various types of ammo.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
I've no idea where the fault lies either - I'm just trying to understand the environment where things that go bang and are dangerous are handled in this way - It's an alien scenario for me (us).

I still don't know what constitutes a prop, a dummy, pretend, mock etc... as opposed to something that fires various types of ammo.
I think you're very correct in your one query... what the heck were live rounds doing anywhere on set?

Got a feeling the very young and inexperienced gun expert / armourer is going to be having some heated non coffee interviews

More relevant, he's in America, where you can buy a gun in many states as readily as, and with no more training than is required to buy and use a ballpoint pen in UK.
Because accidents with firearms NEVER happen to in the UK And absolutely never with trained squaddies

Always hard men

Isnt there like a 20 page thread on all the ND's Arrsers have seen done?

Ive handled lots of deactivated guns (usually on inventory checks) I never assumed they were active, (although a few were).

Despite the mantra of never point a rifle at someone, people do it all the time in the army, just not normally at short range, on an infantry type exercise with blanks you dont point your rifle at the sky while doing section attacks.

TamH70

MIA
for those who think he should have checked, what was he going to check?

here we have pictures of some rounds, one set real, one set fake/inert/dummy.

how is an actor going to know which ones are which?

View attachment 611503View attachment 611506

Top picture has at least one round showing a struck primer.
Of course, there is no reason to assume that the rest of them are the same.

Latest Threads