active service

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by vidal, Feb 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. morning all new to the forum
    just trying to get a straight answer to the issue of being mobilised is it completely voluntary, or is it expected of you.
    the reason im asking is one ta centre gave the impression if your name is called you go the other said totaly the opposite
    also im thinking of rejoining the ta
    now im not saying i will not go but would like the choice
    any info would be great
    :thumleft:

2. Basically the current policy is that you can volunteer through your unit and provided your employer (and c of c?) is happy you can mobilise. However the law still provides the ability for them to just send you the brown envelope and mobilise you when they like. They just avoid doing it so as not to disrupt too many lives, and cut down on appeals.

3. It's supposed to be "intelligent mobilisation" - the head shed ask who would object to going and volunteers are drawn from the pool of the willing. At least that's what happened to me.

4. thanks for replying people lot clearer now on wot to expect if i join as i do have a family to think about now many thanks

5. Depends what rank you would come back as, roughly only Ptes->Cpls are going but that depends on cap badge