action man

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maguire, Nov 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. Do they still have the "eagle eyes"?

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I'll let you know tomorrow when I've gone and bought one... er, for my nephew.

4. a rubbish upgrade that, i have an original one, in blond-unshaven-scruffy-git issue.

still got it too :D

5. Still got mine too. ...... With realistic scar!
    I can't remember the originals in a Blues and Royals or 17th/21st fancy dress though!

6. M1 Rifle? M60? Might as well buy GI Joe and have done with it.

7. Is the SLR elephant gun not good enough for you??? :wink:

8. I got the SAS one for my boy - he is only two but the Mrs started talking about getting him a play kitchen so I thought he needed to h*rden the f*ck up. There are lots on EBay which seem to make very good money.

9. I think I've just done a little sex wee

10. I got given The Scots Guards Action Man For Christmas 1977,complete with bearskin,bulled boots(With laces!)white belt,ect.I f ucking hated it,I wanted the Australian jungle fighter.
    I heard somwhere that this is the most sought after Action Man uniform,worth over £100 now.
    Mind you,it was better than "The Adventurer" or "Joe Stone"

11. Does the Man United model come in George Best mode?

Champagne tower, a feast of Barbie/Cindy groupies and a shagged out liver?

12. I remember as a kid that my action man (Nato model) `58 pattern, SLR etc, would have bayonet practice on my brothers Stretch Armstrong :twisted:

13. Got the Astronaut one for my birthday in 1970 (actually the suit for the figure), vaguely remember my brother getting one with some kind of WWII Commando outfit and a wheeled vehicle of some sort. Don't remember any football Action Men though.

14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

You can still by them for about £40 boxed in good nick
    There is a dolls shop in York that does them (just round the corner of Monk Bar models for the Yorkies)
    Also toy fairs are a good place to get them in the '70's he did have all sorts of uniforms and kit I had a gazzelle and a scorpion for mine

Evel Keneval met an un-timely end trying to jump our kids Bedford, very sad
    [​IMG]