Action Man (this is so cool)

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by barbarasson, Dec 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure where to post this.
    I was passing a toy shop today, and in the window there was a large display of nostalgia Action Man, Para with SLR, Arctic explorer, etc. For the first time in my life I wish I had a son, any excuse to have popped in and bought one! Actually, I have just become a Godfather......

2. Where was the shop? I have got a son, but have been too disappointed by the pointless tat that passes for Action Man these days to buy him one of them.

3. The actual shop was in York. I looked on ebay and there is an e-shop selling them too. Too exciting for words (I think my new Godson will have an Australian jungle fighter saved-up for his third birthday).

4. I need one because (as I occasionally remind her) my mum wouldn't buy me an action man as my two brothers had five between them I could use :(

I am now scarred for life

edited to add: I must have mentioned this to someone in my last job as part of my leaving present was an action man :D

edited to also add: big brother had deep sea diver action man and the octopus terrified me

5. i remember looking for one for a best man present as a joke. the old style ones cost £90!!!

6. i have never ever met a soldier called "Aaron"

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ahh, well we can take it you've never had the fortune to work with the IDF then ;)

8. Or the Royal Irish, common Mid Ulster name.

9. actually i taught some of them a few years ago.

last israelis i met was on holiday in egypt. the most arrogant, rude, obnoxious and self-centred people i have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

In all fairness I had this explained to me that in common colloquial modern hebrew there is no word used for please and thank you. Don't know if its true, but it means that they can often leave it out when they speak English which would certainly add to the idea of them as rude. After all the Brits say sorry, please, thank you, excuse me, as punctuation to the daily grind, or at least they used to.

11. ok i can accept that. is it language discrepancies that make them push into queues, get up before dawn and remove your sunbed from outside your room, shout and scream across the pool to each other, ignore hotel rules, allow their kids to raise merry hell, steal rental canoes and pedaloes, attempt to poison beautiful tropical fish with crisps, shout over you when you are talking to reception staff and demand to be dealt with immediately, no matter who else is in front of them?

fucking ignorant twats the lot of them, based on my experience.

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well mate, I'm not one in the habit of sticking up for Israelis (I get dirty looks from my Palestinian wife everytime I'm 5% pragmatic :twisted: ), so don't let me try and change your views ;)