Action Heroes.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Forgive my ignorance if this topic has been done before.

Everthing so serious on here at moment, thought it might be interesting to find out who you all regard as the best action hero of modern times. I include film actors and comic characters in this.

I have a preference for John Wayne in films, and Judge Dredd in comics.

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Forgive my ignorance if this topic has been done before.

Everthing so serious on here at moment, thought it might be interesting to find out who you all regard as the best action hero of modern times. I include film actors and comic characters in this.

I have a preference for John Wayne in films, and Judge Dredd in comics.
But you are my hero :p

Thanks for the compliment taboo but I'm sure that there are other more deserving heroes out there.

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, speshly in the tight gear. She makes my tummy feel all funny.........

zxninerpilot said:
Thanks for the compliment taboo but I'm sure that there are other more deserving heroes out there.

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, speshly in the tight gear. She makes my tummy feel all funny.........
Its the leather!!!!Hey mate? :wink:

taboo said:
zxninerpilot said:

Its the leather!!!!Hey mate? :wink:
Damn, I thought it was PVC. You've just ruined it all for me!

Or maybe not.......

ZX XX

james cobern in ,,steiner,,cross of iron..
micheal caine in,, eagle has landed..
napolean solo..man from uncle...robert vaughn,, 1960s tv...
anyone who was ever in a commando comic,,,or victor..

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For my (very advanced age) birthday, daughter no 1 bought me a compilation book of 'Commando' comic episodes. Just finished reading it. Magic stuff. Now need the companion volume, of 'War Stories'.

taboo said:
And Pup,zx,Brew_Time,Priam,etc etc :lol:
Thanks for the compliment Taboo, you been reading my autobiography then, what chapter you on.

No hero tho, I even get up on my picnic basket when I see a mouse.

Steps down from picnic basket - I'll get me coat.

BT. :lol:

Action Heroes - seriously you cannot go past the Bananas in Pajamas for a nailbiting rollercoaster of a programme. Forget your Chuck Norrises or your Arnies they are fly by nighters compared to the might of eight foot tall dancing fruits. Banana One and Banana Two are "da man".

BiP go from strength to strength week in and week out with superlative ease changing from their role as plod to firey to doctor with barely a wrinkle in their neatly pressed PJs. Taking over the running of Rat's shop whilst keeping up their sideline as detectives takes some beating. Righting the wrongs of the world by tracking down sea monsters or battling turkeypox is thrilling and compulsive viewing. The fact they spend a large amount of episodes stagging on tirelessly outside the windows of Amy and Lucy watching them while they sleep or bathe is merely their just reward for due diligence.

Fellas I salute you.

Sir Harry Flashman, VC. It would be even better if he was infantry, but what can you expect. Bully, cheat, lier, adulter, theif and drunkerd no wonder he joined the Cav.

mizkrissi said:
Action Heroes - seriously you cannot go past the Bananas in Pajamas for a nailbiting rollercoaster of a programme. Forget your Chuck Norrises or your Arnies they are fly by nighters compared to the might of eight foot tall dancing fruits. Banana One and Banana Two are "da man".

BiP go from strength to strength week in and week out with superlative ease changing from their role as plod to firey to doctor with barely a wrinkle in their neatly pressed PJs. Taking over the running of Rat's shop whilst keeping up their sideline as detectives takes some beating. Righting the wrongs of the world by tracking down sea monsters or battling turkeypox is thrilling and compulsive viewing. The fact they spend a large amount of episodes stagging on tirelessly outside the windows of Amy and Lucy watching them while they sleep or bathe is merely their just reward for due diligence.

Fellas I salute you.
So, you enjoy bananas in pyjamas do you, you saucy little minx!!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
flowers said:
Ohhhhh got to be Modesty Blaise, I wanted to be her when I grew up! ;-)

Oh yes, loved the novels. Peter O'donnel really created a fiesty and sexy heroine. Shame the fim was pants!
Always liked the deadly weapon that held her hair up.

Latest Threads