Acting rank to substansive rank

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by armadillo, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a seperate matter, I cannot get on Army net as there help line is shut now.

Is there a time limit on Acting rank where it becomes substansive rank?

Also

If acting rank is rescinded does the soldier recieve a drop in pay?

Many thanks in advance.

Armadillo

2. I don't think there's a time limit basically you remain acting until manning and records bang it on part 2 orders.

If they revert, then yes they get a paycut.

3. See Pms. .

4. 1 year in acting rank seems to strike chord with the memory.....

5. By the book acting rank is only granted until an individual of the correct substantive rank is available to fill the post, at that point the individual granted acting rank would be required to revert and you would then drop to the rate of pay you were previously on uplifted by any annual increments you should have received whilst in the acting rank. You should have signed a certificate confirming you are aware of this when you were granted acting rank in the first place!!

PW.

6. To supplement paywog's answer, I believe there is a 2-year limit on retaining Acting rank if you are TA.

Which confused the hell out of me when the OJAR I wrote was rejected because it had the wrong date on it ... Reg rules were always 'while you are in the role', as far as I had remembered. But, as ever, I may be talking about rules that were changed when Churchill was still a subaltern ...

7. Spaz thank you for the PMs you are an awesome bloke, cleared up alot of issues,

cheers mate

Armadillo

8. No dramas.

9. When did MRO/APC start doing Part 2 Orders - is this something that has come with JPA?

10. Part 2/3 orders were assigned to history in about 93/94 when UNICOM came into being!!

PW