ACSC 10

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by Celtic_Fringe, Mar 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With only 6 months to go before ACSC 10 starts and the second time arounders enter the hallowed ground of staff college, anyone out there in the know about what they have in store for us?

2. Apparently there is quite a shift in the course material and style of delivery. Allegedly, there will be more time for personal study, but more essays / longer research papers. The single component phases are likely to disappear (great news for the Army for two reasons - less f***kabout factor in the Single Component Phase and increased opportunity to inform the RN & RAF officers of who is the supporting / supported component).

The average age is likely to increase so the Army students may not be the dynamic thrusting force that it currenly is. This is probably a good thing.

It will change in character, but I think it is likely to make what is a pretty good course, a better course.

3. I hear from the INVALS of ACSC9 that more PT and more practical NBC trg has been requested. They also thought that there should be more estimates for the students, esp acting as COS with no sp from the rest of the staff.

Dont fight the white!

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Currently there are a couple of hidden boards accessible only by members of ACSC 9 and ICSC(L) 2. As these courses draw to a close I would be willing to set something similar up for ACSC 10 & ICSC(L) 3. Anyone who is interested in this please let me know ... badco@arrse.co.uk

5. surely this is SOP for all course critiques? Most on my JOTAC suggested more log runs and work weekends...

6. ACSC9 got a brief on ACSC10 - so we could be better informed as to what was coming next. There are 2 main areas of change, the curriculum and the academic ethos.

Curriculum - no more single component phase. Truely joint and much more focused on the operational and strategic level, and also with a thread of technology running through it all (also ethics and legal/ROE). Technology is not to teach technology, but to inform as to latest developments and likely future developments. Technology will include industry visits, and not only to defence contractors.

Academic Ethos - the DS pink is now in decline! Much much more time will be devoted to individual private study (IPS). The concelpt is that as the course will be much more operationally experienced then when the ACSC syllabus was first devised, they will have a better feel for what is relevant and pertinent. As such within fairly broad left and right of arcs, they will be left to get on and research issues. Means the DS will now have to actually know their subject as the pink will highlight issues, but not answers...

Enjoy - it sounds fascinating. Culturally however, it may be a bit of a shock to have so much IPS (aka 'freetime with family' as it was on ACSC9).

7. REF end of course SOPs - I feel moved to point out that the course was much harder in our day. :D

8. "Currently there are a couple of hidden boards accessible only by members of ACSC 9 and ICSC(L) 2. As these courses draw to a close I would be willing to set something similar up for ACSC 10 & ICSC(L) 3. Anyone who is interested in this please let me know"

Has there been much uptake for this, time is drawing near for the new breed to arrive on ACSC 10? Could do with getting something up and running early to start off the threads, I am sure thee will be some early comments on the course. Early indications appear to be good for this new course

9. Started the course to-day and would be interested in a hidden board - count me in.

jungly

10. Bad CO

You're in - be warned that it is a bit quiet at the moment though. Can I suggest that you spread the word? Weasel_ops has the keys or PM me and I'll do it.....

11. Started today too. :(

Fully available for the hidden board!!

12. Great stuff - it would be good if you would pass word around your syndicates/Divisions to drum up support. It would be great to have a reasonable quorum before the end of the single service phase.

We could start the discussions on the men in light blue's first performance today - rather disapointing start from the junior service ie sh1t presentation. Any comments?
    Rennug

13. The last effort this afternoon was a real test of one's resolve! As he played his one funny and mentioned we were only half way, there was an audible groan! It was frankly excruciating!

14. I thought his best bit was over in the first minute - after the anagrams it all went downhill. Did not really redeem himself this PM.

Off to the sun to enjoy some sports!

15. Bad CO

I've added the following to the list:

walloper
    rennug
    AthleticEnthusiasmOfficer