Across Britain, police are behaving like gangsters

Across Britain, police are lambasted by the sensible majority for failing to do anything to curb common problems when in fact their hands are tied by targets, red tape and idiotic leadership all of which require them to focus on easily quantifiable types of crime. When this eases off enough to allow police to crack down on common problems like public drunkenness, the liberal idiots get up steam and start whining about totalitarianism and abuse of power :roll:

I'm sure one of our resident plods will be able to inform us all how long and how much effort is required to arrest a violent suspect for being drunk and disorderly in a drink-controlled zone, cart him off to the nick and charge him. Surely confiscating his alcohol would prevent the problem developing and save officers' time and police resources?

I would much rather my local plod took alcohol off people and clobbered the odd drunk than stood by as the town centre was wrecked. People who do not share this opinion are welcome to venture into unpoliced town centres in the middle of the night when the streets are full of aggressive drunks.

Bravo_Zulu said:
Across Britain, police are lambasted by the sensible majority for failing to do anything to curb common problems when in fact their hands are tied by targets, red tape and idiotic leadership all of which require them to focus on easily quantifiable types of crime. When this eases off enough to allow police to crack down on common problems like public drunkenness, the liberal idiots get up steam and start whining about totalitarianism and abuse of power :roll:

I'm sure one of our resident plods will be able to inform us all how long and how much effort is required to arrest a violent suspect for being drunk and disorderly in a drink-controlled zone, cart him off to the nick and charge him. Surely confiscating his alcohol would prevent the problem developing and save officers' time and police resources?

I would much rather my local plod took alcohol off people and clobbered the odd drunk than stood by as the town centre was wrecked. People who do not share this opinion are welcome to venture into unpoliced town centres in the middle of the night when the streets are full of aggressive drunks.
I live and 'enforce' a no alcohol zone. The general rule is if the container is open, say bye bye to the amber nectar. If they are in 'control' of sealed containers, which the bobby thinks will be drunk, they too can be connfiscated and disposed of too. In reality we do one of those two, rarely and I mean very rarely do we nick anyone, only if they refuse to 'let go'. What's the point of a fine, tying up a police officer for 5 hours, if they can't pay it.

The main problem is stopping people who are visiting town, having had a few beers feeling sorry for these poor and unfortunate down and outs. This money, whether they are pretending to play a musical instrument or not, goes towards supporting this persons addiction and some people when high/pissed then robb/fleece the same people who took pitty on them.

In reality, tell the person your skint, or to get a job. I have even recently seen a well to do buisnessman through alcohol even give their new employee a 100 quid retainer.

ARRSE.

nottyash said:
Bravo_Zulu said:

I live and 'enforce' a no alcohol zone. The general rule is if the container is open, say bye bye to the amber nectar. If they are in 'control' of sealed containers, which the bobby thinks will be drunk, they too can be connfiscated and disposed of too. In reality we do one of those two, rarely and I mean very rarely do we nick anyone, only if they refuse to 'let go'. What's the point of a fine, tying up a police officer for 5 hours, if they can't pay it.

The main problem is stopping people who are visiting town, having had a few beers feeling sorry for these poor and unfortunate down and outs. This money, whether they are pretending to play a musical instrument or not, goes towards supporting this persons addiction and some people when high/pissed then robb/fleece the same people who took pitty on them.

In reality, tell the person your skint, or to get a job. I have even recently seen a well to do buisnessman through alcohol even give their new employee a 100 quid retainer.

ARRSE.
Isn't busking or begging against the law? Can't a constable move beggars along?

Bravo_Zulu said:
nottyash said:
Bravo_Zulu said:

ARRSE.
Isn't busking or begging against the law? Can't a constable move beggars along?
In certain areas they can get a licence, even if they don't have one on a 'public order' night we can't spare the resources. Wrong, but a fact of life.

I have even had well meaning members of the public 'pissed up' challenging the rights and wrongs of the police to remove the individuals bravery fluid.

Edited to add, two of which became that verciferous they were in the end nicked themselves for being D&D. One of which even hung onto/tried to misdirect the officers arm to protect the street sleepers winter warmer. These people are also known as, in my area at least as Kamakazi's, where they shoplift to order and are that desperate/drunk don't care if they get caught or not. Each repeated shoplifter takes a single police officer up to 5 hours, in the worst scenario, to deal with. These individuals get little punishment, if at all.

Wish the cops down this way would do their jobs.

06/11/2008 22:50 - (SA)

Gloria Edwards, Beeld

Johannesburg - "It's time you whites packed your bags and fucked off."

With these words a black police inspector from Tembisa on the East Rand allegedly scolded the victims of an armed robbery and hijacking attempt in Kempton Park on Monday night.

This officer, whose name is known to Beeld, apparently refused to arrest a black suspect on the scene.

He also refused to open a case after Nic Lubbe, 51, from Kempton Park West, his daughter, Antoenet Cronjé, and her two sons, Morné, 11, and Kyle, 3, were assailed by robbers on Monday night.

'White dogs'

He ostensibly also refused to allow white members of the Norkem Park police to search the suspects' car and called them "white dogs".

Lubbe said he was on his way to drop off his daughter and grandchildren at their house in Terrenure at about 23:00 when he saw a grey Corsa bakkie next to the road in Orange River Street.

Suddenly the Corsa bakkie's headlights went on to blind Lubbe. Then it was driven into Lubbe's bakkie from behind.

Three armed men jumped off the back and grabbed Cronjé's handbag.

Lubbe sped away and later returned to the scene with his wife, Mara, 49, and members of the Norkem Park police office.

A black inspector from the Tembisa roadblock task team was already there with one of the suspects (the driver of the Corsa). The other three got away.

"The inspector said we were white dogs and he told a white policewoman that he would see to it that she was shot dead in a robbery.

"Then he cocked his R5 (rifle) in my face and said it was time that we whites packed our bags and fucked off out of the country."

An eyewitness apparently heard the inspector's offensive remarks.

"I saw how these people were robbed, but he protected the criminal."

The inspector apparently did open an accident report. The Corsa driver's wife then arrived on the scene, posing as a police officer.

One of the Norkem Park police officers said this woman wanted to arrest them when they tried to search the Corsa for "interfering with the scene".

Lubbe said the woman emptied out the contents of his daughter's handbag and returned the empty handbag to her.

On Tuesday Lubbe opened a case of armed robbery and attempted hijacking at the Norkem Park police.

Gauteng police spokesperson Superintendent Eugene Opperman said the matter was being investigated "with the view to possible disciplinary steps."

The Tembisa and provincial police management have expressed their shock at the alleged incident, he said.

- Beeld

I must say I rarely, if ever, see the point of confiscating alcohol. Unless there is a good liklihood of disorder or crime taking place. Often some police forget that its a "power" and not a "duty" - that's an important distinction.

Personally I can't abide the hysteria surrounding "problem" drinking. Its not he alcohol that's the problem, its the prats who act like morons when they have a drink.

How in heaven's name do you get alcohol home if every damned copper is entitled to take it off you? I'm virtually teetotal myself, and I regard coppers duffing violent drunks as light entertainment, but even in the southern USA States, a sealed container is a sealed container, and you're entitled to have it; even if in some areas it has to be carried in a paper bag.

The police are way out of control in this country, and the problem is they abuse the absurd powers they do have, and they don't enforce the sensible rules due to political correctness. The police priorities seem to be precisely inverted, i.e. laser radar traps on Saturday outside a school when no-one is there, or drink-driving campaigns run by an officer at 18.30 pm on a Wednesday evening to make his stats look good without the hassle of actually catching any really dangerous drivers. [Edit: both seen in my area in the last two months] I'm sorry msr, it's very easy to get me going on this subject.

old_nis said:
How in heaven's name do you get alcohol home if every damned copper is entitled to take it off you?
I store it safely in the boot of my car or if I have to walk through an alcohol controlled area, I keep it in the carrier bag and dont open it.
If I decide to open a tinny in said area, I would expect to have it taken off me because I'm in a controlled area and wouldn't argue about it because I'm not complying with the rules of that particular area and I'm a decent law abiding person.
If I were a complete idiot, I would argue with the person telling me to give up the drink, even if I wasn't drunk. If I were a bigger plum, I would be gobby and ignore the ensuing order to desist from behaving like said plum and then kick off.
I would then form the opinion that ACAB for the rest of my life.

Hope that helps

old_nis said:
How in heaven's name do you get alcohol home if every damned copper is entitled to take it off you? I'm virtually teetotal myself, and I regard coppers duffing violent drunks as light entertainment, but even in the southern USA States, a sealed container is a sealed container, and you're entitled to have it; even if in some areas it has to be carried in a paper bag.

The police are way out of control in this country, and the problem is they abuse the absurd powers they do have, and they don't enforce the sensible rules due to political correctness. The police priorities seem to be precisely inverted, i.e. laser radar traps on Saturday outside a school when no-one is there, or drink-driving campaigns run by an officer at 18.30 pm on a Wednesday evening to make his stats look good without the hassle of actually catching any really dangerous drivers. [Edit: both seen in my area in the last two months] I'm sorry msr, it's very easy to get me going on this subject.
No-one is going to take anyones beer who has nipped to the off licence and is on their way home. In my neck of the woods, the 'street drinkers' as they are known and there is a hardcore of about 20, form a good percentage of the town thiefs to support their habit. They also pester everyone 24/7 for money and certain elements of society, such as lone women and he elderly can find the 'pistcistence' quite intimidating. The removal of alcohol can only be done in a certain geographical area, about half a sqare mile and the local populous have asked my particular farce to be more proactive in this area. In reality the removal of opened containers, usually bottles are removed from drunk, but normally law abiding members of society post 10pm for public safety reasons. We can only and rarely remove sealed containers from those who we suspect are going to drink them in a public arena. This usually on fits the street drinkers.

old_nis said:
The police are way out of control in this country, and the problem is they abuse the absurd powers they do have, and they don't enforce the sensible rules due to political correctness.
Just what are the 'sensible' rules, and since when has enforcing law and order been seen as 'absurd?'

old_nis said:
The police priorities seem to be precisely inverted, i.e. laser radar traps on Saturday outside a school when no-one is there.
There may be a problem with speeding motorists on that road, and officers will be under pressure to be seen to be doing something about it.

old_nis said:
or drink-driving campaigns run by an officer at 18.30 pm on a Wednesday evening to make his stats look good without the hassle of actually catching any really dangerous drivers.
Just what exactly have you seen, a VCP with every driver stopped, docs checked and breathed? Or someone pulled over and being spoken to?
And lastly, what constites a 'really dangerous driver?'

old_nis said:

Been stopped by Merseyside Police Roads Policing Unit for speeding or drunk-driving, have you? That's a ridiculous opinion to hold, as you'd probably agree if you'd ever seen the damage a drunk driver can cause :roll:

Ninja_Turtle said:
Just what are the 'sensible' rules, and since when has enforcing law and order been seen as 'absurd?'

There may be a problem with speeding motorists on that road, and officers will be under pressure to be seen to be doing something about it.

Just what exactly have you seen, a VCP with every driver stopped, docs checked and breathed? Or someone pulled over and being spoken to?

Not using anti-terrorism legislation to arrest a dissenting pensioner. That's not enforcing the law, it's bullying.

When I stopped and spoke to him, he admitted it was supposed to have been done a few days before (when the school was occupied), but they were busy.

I watched an afficer pull a series of cars over, stating "We're doing a drink-drive awareness campaign, I can see you haven't been drinking, can I have your name?" Then taking the car numbers. He then stopped another one immediately, (by which I mean he didn't seem to be selective) and repeat it. That's not an anti-drinking campaign, it's just collecting car numbers for his supervisor. Fair enough if that's the only way to deal with bone instructions, but I would rather he had been cruising known hotstops in his area - or anything else useful, for that matter.

In the context of my post, a 'really dangerous driver' would have been watching people driving down country roads round here from the pubs, at very high speeds after eleven at night. I perhaps should have said drink-driver. My bad.

In the context of your post, nice signature. Hope it wasn't a reflection of your attitude to the citizens we look after in this country.

Bravo_Zulu said:
Been stopped by Merseyside Police Roads Policing Unit for speeding or drunk-driving, have you? That's a ridiculous opinion to hold, as you'd probably agree if you'd ever seen the damage a drunk driver can cause :roll:
Typical comment by police. No, I have never been stopped for speeding or drink-driving, ever. Why don't you READ what I said? I had no problem with the antidrink-driving campaign, just the jerk taking numbers to pretend he had done the job. If you want to catch drink-drivers, then do so, don't pretend.

I don't work in the Murkeyside area, anyway, my patch is Cheshire and North Wales (he of the Brunstrom). Speak of the devil, Brunstrom is a personification of all that I was trying to demonstrate. North Wales police are hated where I work, not because they do their job, but because of the way they do it. My views are fairly moderate by comparison. No wonder Brunstrom wants to issue Tazers to non-firearms trained officers, the poor blokes probably need them in some of the remoter country areas.

Trouble is, I AM very old. I remember coppers who weren't like this. I know those days are gone, I have read all the postings describing how it's different now. But I remember a copper sitting in his car at the side of the road, asleep. I recognised him as the same one who had been on whatever-late-shift-the-police-have the night before. I left him alone with a silent blessing. Now I'd report him.

The police taking your beer in a public place is one thing (and anyone who cant empty a can down his throat when he spots the officer taking an interest doesnt need his beer in my opinion) but for a real example of police gangsterism read this by Rick Hulse, chairman of the NABD

23 Jun 2008

Mr Angry -Mid Wales Ruled By Neo Gangsters
Current mood: vehement
Category: News and Politics

It would appear that a large slice of Wales has a new firm of gangsters using fear and intimidation to get what they want.

"What's one more set of gangsters nowadays?" You may well ask.

Well the really worrying thing is that the gangsters I'm referring too are the Dyfed Powys Police!

If you think I must be overstating the case, look at the 'evidence' (evidence being something that the Dyfed Powys Police seem to think is unnecessary when pursuing a result).

The Welsh International Motorcycle Show has been in existence for seventeen years and has always been a peaceful family based event enjoyed by thousands of visitors.

However this year the show has been cancelled at just ten days notice by the owners of the Royal Welsh showground due to the dishonest and immoral actions of the Dyfed Powys Police who have used tactics of fear and intimidation to convince the showground owners that the event should be cancelled.

The Dyfed Powys 'Firm' (well why not give the bastards a gangster name if they are acting like gangsters) have invented a nonexistent link between the issue of violence between the Hells Angels MC and the Outlaws MC and the organisation of the Welsh International Motorcycle Show. The 'Fact' is that neither of the aforementioned clubs has any link whatsoever with this show. But the Dyfed Powys Firm see no reason why 'facts' should get in the way of a good bullshit-based hatchet job.

One recent press statement from the Dyfed Powys Firm said; "Dyfed-Powys Police has serious reservations about the potential security implications of holding the Welsh Motorcycle Show at Builth Wells this year. The reservations are based on a significant increase in violence between rival motorcycle gangs across the UK as a whole.

Nationally a number of motorcycle shows linked to the rival factions are facing challenge under the Licensing Act 2003, as the police believe the shows will be targeted for disturbance and there remains a real risk of serious violence".

Also in a letter from A R Edwards (Chief Constable of the Dyfed Powys Firm) to the show organiser Steve Bennett, Mr Edwards stated, "Warwickshire police have arrested and charged seven men with the murder of Gerard Tobin. Their trial is due to commence on the 1st of October 2008. It is known that all seven men are members of the South Warwickshire chapter of the outlaws Motorcycle club. The investigating team believe that part of the motive for the shooting was their perception that The Bulldog Bash (a Hells Angels event) is held on Outlaws territory in South Warwickshire.

In January 2008 at Birmingham Airport three members of the Outlaws were attacked in the public concourse by machete wielding members of the Hells angels group.

The Welsh Motorcycle Show is an event attended by members of the Hells Angels motorcycle club and it is the concern of the Dyfed Powys Police that the show offers a significant opportunity for retaliation, in the absence of those other shows and with the impending murder trial this autumn."

Putting aside the blatant presumption of guilt prior to the trial even starting, the fact remains that the Welsh show has nothing to do with either the Outlaws MC or the Hells Angels MC.

Show organiser Steve Bennett in a written reply to the Dyfed Powys Firm stated "This is a total fabrication. Some years ago a number of Hells Angels attended the show as day visitors, because of their disruptive and intimidating behaviour it has been our policy since then to refuse them entry.

The Outlaws have never attended the event as a club. We have no information that either of these clubs has any interest in attending the Welsh International Motorcycle Show.

We also believe that given the present challenges to their event licenses and the appeals procedures that both clubs are now involved in, they will not risk any further public outbreaks of violence between themselves.

The Welsh International Motorcycle Show has a contract with a professional security company who have in the past been praised by the local police forces they have worked with (including the Dyfed-Powys Police) and I have complete faith in their abilities."

Despite this the Dyfed Powys Firm were still determined to force the cancellation of the show but lacking any evidence and only being armed with phrases such as "We believe" and the somewhat vague "based on the information now received" they could not mount a legal challenge via the courts, so they went to the owners of the Royal welsh showground where it is alleged that they gave a long presentation including details of violence involving Hells Angels and other groups in such far away places as the USA and Norway to intimidate the showground owners into pulling the plug on the event just ten days prior to the show. Needless to say the show organisers were not informed of this meeting so could not attend to discredit the lies and innuendo used by the Dyfed Powys Firm.

Fully aware that such short notice would not allow the show organisers to mount a judicial challenge to the decision the Dyfed Powys Firm had effectively carried out an 'Execution Job' on a peaceful, and perfectly legal, motorcycle event, and all without a single shred of 'evidence'!

Groups like the Outlaws MC and the Hells Angels MC wear a 1% badge to denote that they belong to just one percent of the total population of bikers. Despite this the actions of the Dyfed Powys Firm are aimed squarely at the other 99% of the biking population who are generally peaceful and law-abiding people.

And it's not just bikers that are hit by this unforgivable exercise in fascism. Hundreds of traders, entertainers and service companies will lose a lot of money due to this cancellation. Businesses in Builth Wells and the surrounding area will be out of pocket by over half a million pounds at a conservative estimate. That's a lot of people who will find these difficult times are now a lot more difficult due to the actions of Dyfed Powys police.

Congratulations Dyfed Powys Police you have successfully alienated a large section of the British public (Remember the public do you? The people you are employed by, y'know, the people you are supposed to serve?)

The tenacity shown by the Dyfed Powys Firm in pursuing a case with no real evidence may well have you wondering how vigorously they would pursue a case where guilt had been proven? Well let me give you an example:

The 'former' Chief Constable of the Dyfed Powys Firm, Mr Terry Grange was under investigation for "misuse of the police computer system and alleged financial irregularities". Go on take a ******* wild guess as to the outcome… go on just guess… here is an excerpt from The Dyfed Powys Police Response to the IPCC Report into Former Chief Constable Terry Grange.

"The Authority believes that the Crown Prosecution Service's decision that there should be no criminal case for Mr Grange to answer vindicates its earlier decision to accept his request for retirement after 36 years of service. "Not to have done so would have prolonged the situation whilst not materially adding to it".

So Dyfed Powys now have two chief constables they should be ******* ashamed of.

In addition to this there was a recent news article that stated "25% of the Dyfed Powys Police are currently under investigation for corruption"

Another seperate article stated that the long term partner of a woman police sergeant had recently been jailed for a series of armed robberies.

And these lying ******* say that bikers are 'undesirables'!

I think it fair to say Dyfed Powys is now undoubtedly a 'Police State' and the sooner the uniform is amended to include Jack-boots and Swastikas the sooner the general public will realise what is happening to Britain.

So what do we do about it? Should we sit around moaning like twats in the pub? Should we organise a pointless demonstration in Builth Wells? Do we set-up a completely useless ******* petition on a government website where you can sign your name to show what a gullible **** you really are?

Or should we be writing to our MP's and reminding them that they will soon be after our votes, and that as the employers of the police we will not stand for them acting like gangsters.

Tell everybody you know about this shit, not just bikers.

When the police feel that they can act dishonestly and use fear and intimidation as tools of their trade it concerns everybody.

Write to your MPs, if they fail to act, don't give them your vote!

Write to the press, if they fail to support us stop buying their shitty newspapers and magazines!

Get on the website forums and let people know what happens when the police become the gangsters!

Boycott the whole Dyfed Powys area; spend no money there until the populace demand a change in the tactics of the local police. Do something!

Or you could just sit around and do ****-all as you wave goodbye to your freedom and your lifestyle.

Professor Pierre O'Bollox

Sorry its so long.
The poliuce also managed to get the Anglesey Bike Show cancelled with the same tactics, even though the bigger English shows went ahead-they could afford to pay lawyers...

old_nis said:
Ninja_Turtle said:

Not using anti-terrorism legislation to arrest a dissenting pensioner. That's not enforcing the law, it's bullying.

When I stopped and spoke to him, he admitted it was supposed to have been done a few days before (when the school was occupied), but they were busy.

I watched an afficer pull a series of cars over, stating "We're doing a drink-drive awareness campaign, I can see you haven't been drinking, can I have your name?" Then taking the car numbers. He then stopped another one immediately, (by which I mean he didn't seem to be selective) and repeat it. That's not an anti-drinking campaign, it's just collecting car numbers for his supervisor. Fair enough if that's the only way to deal with bone instructions, but I would rather he had been cruising known hotstops in his area - or anything else useful, for that matter.

In the context of my post, a 'really dangerous driver' would have been watching people driving down country roads round here from the pubs, at very high speeds after eleven at night. I perhaps should have said drink-driver. My bad.

In the context of your post, nice signature. Hope it wasn't a reflection of your attitude to the citizens we look after in this country.
Just the kind of person who would be whinging if the police weren't doing overt patrols; "where are the Police? Haven't seen them doing anything."

Maybe there are patrols covering country lanes late at night, and for 'crusing known hotspots' maybe there were patrol taskings for his shift. Or maybe there weren't.

Stopping people (even if they haven't been drink driving) is quite a good deterrant to would-be drink drivers who maybe were thinking about having a drink that night/weekend and getting behind the wheel.

You speak of your 'patch' are you ex civvie-bill? If so I'd expect you to have some understanding.
As for my signature, can you engage on the arguements rather than what is on my profile?

Ninja_Turtle said:
Just the kind of person who would be whinging if the police weren't doing overt patrols; "where are the Police? Haven't seen them doing anything."

Maybe there are patrols covering country lanes late at night, and for 'crusing known hotspots' maybe there were patrol taskings for his shift. Or maybe there weren't.

Stopping people (even if they haven't been drink driving) is quite a good deterrant to would-be drink drivers who maybe were thinking about having a drink that night/weekend and getting behind the wheel.

You speak of your 'patch' are you ex civvie-bill? If so I'd expect you to have some understanding.
As for my signature, can you engage on the arguements rather than what is on my profile?
OK fair one, I accept your comments above (which I also accept are reasonable) in return for my apologies to you about the signature; but what an insult! Ex Civvie-bill! Egad! No, mate.

Latest Threads