ACPO a thread revived

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ugly, Dec 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I cant seem even with search find the thread on ACPO and the freedom of information but I did see that they are funded partly by subscription and donation partly from the police authorities.
    I have asked my local authority to detail how much of my money as a local taxpayer has been gifted to a limited company that holds secretive policy meetings with the home office and they emailed back asking for which time period.
    I have stated that I would like all for the last 5 years or if unavailable for the 24 months prior to April 08.
    Lets see how much of my council tax goes into this band of iffies then!

2. What's ACPO?

3. association of cheif police officers

speedy

4. ACPO Limited (FoIA) thread

5. Yawn,

Ugly mate. It's been done already. Changing the name of the thread will not save you from

[​IMG]

Muuu ha ha ha, Muu ha ha ha

[​IMG]

ACPO's going to get you if you keep poking your nose into their evil plans for world domination.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Calm down seagull as per the thread title I couldnt find the original thread which neither could you as you have done the same again.
    My ortiginal stance is the same, why is my local tax money given to a profit making organisation that seeks to influence politicians and serving officials over policing policy despiute their already being an association for chief cuntstables when this sort of policy making/influincing debate should be recorded in a minuted meeting available to the public (who pay these funds) not in a private limited company who have no reqiurement under law to release these discussions.
    In fact an FOI request will be going into the HO regarding all discussions re policing policy over the last 5 years (any ideas chaps?) tonight!

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Home Office doesnt advertise a FOI co ordinator so an email to them at this address seems to stir the hornets;
    public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" <public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
    About time our money was spent correctly, no tin foil hats needed but perhaps my money might be better spent on real tin hats and real policing leaving ACPO to fold and their trade union to do the negotiating for free!
    Now fecking get a life seagull if it was your wages being wasted wouldnt you whinge?

8. Good on you, ugly.

9. No need for me to calm down mate I'm not overly bothered about it seeing as I'm a henchman in thier dastardly plot.

I'm just looking out for you that's all. I'd hate for you to be walking past a canal then ZZZAAAAPPP! :lol:

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm not worried about my personal safety, going by current standards if the plod managed to get out of the station without shooting themselves or other bystanders they would be late and shoot the wrong person anyway. In fact its safer for your identity to be known as you can pretty much guarantee that they would shoot a greek student instead!

yes I know it should be in the naafi or at least the last response but this is serious, ACPO is a self appointing org that doesnt have to publish any works yet is part funded by us, what happened to the promise of open Govt?