ACMT course of fire and pass standards

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by EX_STAB, May 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where can I find this? I've looked on Armynet but it's utterly useless as always. (What is the point of it?) Not allowed to have access to DII.

I just want the timings and practices, pass scores etc.

Thanks.

2. I would have said the best place would be in the AOSP on the Electronic battle box, it is usually the most up to date but if you don't have DII access then the only other place I can suggest is getting a hard copy of the AOSP from your training wing.

Apologies if this is no use to you.

3. As I said I have no access to DII. Why this is God only knows - last time I checked I was IN the Army and training to go on ops - there might just be things I would have a reasonable need to know....

Do regulars get access to DII at all levels?

Anyway, back on the point, I suppose I might be get sight of a copy at the TAC if I ask nicely.

4. msr

msr LE

You will have access to DII at the TAC

5. Presumably on the same terminal that we're supposed to use for JPA. The one locked behind a wooden cover. If I left work early I could maybe get in to TA early enough to get onto it. I can rarely get away early at the moment though.

Does nobody have a remote log in for this sort of stuff?

Back on topic, A summary of the timings and practices would be handy if anyone has them.

6. No. Stop bleating.

7. For ACMT Dismounted Close Combat:

1. Snap 400 m
    Prone
    rounds

2. Rapid/Snap 300 m
    Prone
    rounds

3. Snap 300 m
    Fire Trench
    rounds

4. Rapid 200 m
    Prone
    rounds

5. Snap 200 m
    Kneeling
    Supported
    rounds

6. Snap 200 m
    Standing
    rounds

7. Snap 100 m
    Kneeling
    Unsupported
    rounds

8. Snap/Rapid 100 m
    Standing and
    Kneeling
    Unsupported/
    Squatting/Prone
    rounds

9. Rapid 100 m
    Prone
    rounds

10. Rapid 50 m
    Standing
    Unsupported
    rounds

Pass Standards

400 m 33%
    300 m 60%
    200 m 75%
    100 m 75%
    50 m 80%

8. Well I was going to ask how much of a restricted document you wanted posting on the WWW, however, I suppose it doesn’t matter now :D

9. Thanks for that QRK. Do you have the timings for the exposures and which ones use which target (fig 11/12)? Does a hit anywhere on the target score?

10. Ex,
    Is this cos you're gonna be running the shoot, or wanting a heads up?

If it's the former, you're gonna need the pam for the range (ASOP (dated 2009), or the range police'll get ya :police:

If the latter, you'll be told the shoot prior to each practice (if you get on the second detail, you'll be able to watch too)

Sorry if it's sucking eggs but this thread has the potential to go pete tong

Regards

11. I was considering running a competition between my rifle club and my unit. It would be simple to use the same course of fire. I'm not sure if the course of fire is restricted but even if it is it's hardly going to give any advantage to an enemy is it? It's just a course of fire.

Come Mohammed, look.. See how the Britisher infidel in his training fires a shot then kneels down and fires another shot. He is assessed on whether he hits the target.

Allah Akbar! With this information we shall defeat them! Allah Akbar! :w00t:

12. I think furry dude is hinting at making sure any ranges are run correctly and safely with the correct documentation etc in the event of things going wrong etc. On a military run range that is.

Surely you can access this information at your TA Centre. If not then your local military ranges will be able to tell you if you ring them.

13. I probably can get it from the TAC but thought someone might have it available.

14. or 2010 even! :D

15. Or even the AOSP!!! lol