Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Acid attacks, time for more severe punishments?.

Domestic ovens should be shot if it is as you say.
Here, here.... free range ovens have zero psychopathic tendencies
...if you have no more respect for life than the murderers.

..and as far as I'm aware intent isn't recorded in DNA. Being able to say 2 people were in the same place doesn't mean the one killed the other.
What you should have said was "If you have no more respect for a murderers life than the murderer has for yours, and those of your loved ones."
I am sure you will get your reward in heaven, Mr Ghandi. Darwin himself will present you with it.

Here, here.... free range ovens have zero psychopathic tendencies

What you should have said was "If you have no more respect for a murderers life than the murderer has for yours, and those of your loved ones."
I am sure you will get your reward in heaven, Mr Ghandi. Darwin himself will present you with it.

Uh?

Forgotten the context but if you're arguing kill 'em before they kill you, either favelas are your idea of utopia or you haven't thought that through to the rather obvious conclusion.

Essential to that though is that they get caught, and that most of the people they know who tried the same stunt also got caught...

Sadly our Pathetic Police FARCE is hardly likely to succeed in successfully detecting and prosecuting any criminal... Police solve only 9% of crime, reveals report

snip "18th June 2018
The proportion of crime solved in England and Wales fell to 9% last year from 19% in 2013, according to an analysis of crime figures by The Sunday Times."

There's a pretty close correlation with colour telly, maybe that's it. Unlikely to be the death penalty as the Septics still have it and more murder.

Im sure if the murder rate had gone down or remained stable people would have said the death penalty was no deterrent.
Singapore has the death penalty and strangely enough their murder rate is a third of ours. They also have quite strict punishments for other crimes and yet the country is one of the cleanest, safest modern place in the world. Almost as if harsh punishments can work.

"Wealthy heretics could buy a bag of gunpowder to hang around their necks- when they’d had enough they could lean forward to dangle it in the flames and blow their head off."

Slightly off thread I grant you, but would the gunpowder in a bag around the neck trick actually work? Would you not have to compress the reaction for it to explode? Does gunpowder not just flare up otherwise, leading to a nasty scorching of the face, rather than the hoped for painless decapitation? I also grant you that in the long run it's probably a moot point as the end result is the same. I just wouldn't want to feel, if I'd invested money and hope in such a plan, that my last thoughts on this mortal coil were of disappointment.

Any dems blokes out there care to comment?

If you have it in a necklace that was compressed it would decapitate, but as you said if it isn't under compression you get a fizz, some lovely aromas of burnt flesh and gunpowder and a lot of people laughing.

Isn't there a system in parts of the US where a prisoner can volunteer to do hard time, where they sleep in tents and work their way through the sentence doing hard grafting. They get a reduced sentence and the upside is the reoffending rates are pretty low compared to those that do normal prison.

Isn't there a system in parts of the US where a prisoner can volunteer to do hard time, where they sleep in tents and work their way through the sentence doing hard grafting. They get a reduced sentence and the upside is the reoffending rates are pretty low compared to those that do normal prison.
This is where HMP South Georgia would be beneficial

They have boot camps where people can opt in, to get less time. It's aimed at the young. Not sure if it's made a difference to reoffending rates though.

This is the one … https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/arizonas-tent-city-jail-where-prisoners-wear-pink-underwear-eat-meatless-meals-and-swelter-in-the-120-degree-heat/article/2546924
snip
"Tent City was built in 1994 at the behest of the county’s showy sheriff, Joe Arpaio, who the previous year had run on a strict law-and-order platform. Local residents, showing flashes of their Wild West, no-nonsense mentality, voted him into office. The county has since grown to become America’s fourth largest.

Shortly after his election, Arpaio traveled to New Mexico to hunt down 70 surplus Korean War military tents and built the outdoor jail he still uses as a rallying cry: “Everything I do is geared to send a message to all the people who live in Maricopa County, that if you do something wrong, you’re going to end up in the tents
.”

This is the one … https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/arizonas-tent-city-jail-where-prisoners-wear-pink-underwear-eat-meatless-meals-and-swelter-in-the-120-degree-heat/article/2546924
snip
"Tent City was built in 1994 at the behest of the county’s showy sheriff, Joe Arpaio, who the previous year had run on a strict law-and-order platform. Local residents, showing flashes of their Wild West, no-nonsense mentality, voted him into office. The county has since grown to become America’s fourth largest.

Shortly after his election, Arpaio traveled to New Mexico to hunt down 70 surplus Korean War military tents and built the outdoor jail he still uses as a rallying cry: “Everything I do is geared to send a message to all the people who live in Maricopa County, that if you do something wrong, you’re going to end up in the tents.”
snip

Shortly after his election, Arpaio traveled to New Mexico to hunt down 70 surplus Korean War military tents and built the outdoor jail he still uses as a rallying cry: “Everything I do is geared to send a message to all the people who live in Maricopa County, that if you do something wrong, you’re going to end up in the tents.”

Problem is the liberals don't like it... they'll soon be along to cry about various perceived faults, such as police brutality, even though Sheriff Joe doesn't actually condone such acts. They wont mention that his prison is the ONLY prison in the USA with a genuine high school that can hand out genuine High School Diplomas. The School of Hard Knocks.

The School of Hard Knocks took on a literal meaning for many juvenile inmates in Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jail.
On Thursday, inmates at the Lower Buckeye Jail graduated from Arpaio's "Hard Knocks High," a program developed to educate juveniles charged as adults. Sheriff's officers conducted the graduation ceremony.
The program was established by Arpaio, who was at the ceremony.
Inmates attend classes to gain high school credits or receive their G.E.D.
Classes are required even for inmates who refuse to cooperate. In some cases, teachers give lessons to violent students through the cell door, according to deputies.
The subjects include reading, math, history and science. Inmates do homework in their cells at night.
"While it is by no means an ideal learning environment, some inmates who've received their GED diploma while in jail say it is the first time in their lives that they've completed something that they could be proud of," Arpaio said. "For the first time, many say that they now have hope for the future."
Teen Inmates Earn 'Hard Knocks High' Diplomas 9-30-2010 - Arizona's Family

Note, that teachers are teaching through cell doors for violent criminals, what was the trendy saying 'no child left behind'? Sheriff Joe also attends the ceremonies and is in his prisons pretty much every week from what I gather. Including talking to the inmates. They may not like what he has to say, admittedly, but he doesn't lie to them either.

Did I mention that this is the ONLY facility of its kind in the USA? Even including California.

He also has quite the network of safe houses and 'foster' families for juvenile delinquents popping out of his prisons... but, you know. he's bad and stuff.

snip

Not all agree with the success of this approach:

Report: The Notorious Record of Maricopa County, AZ's Sheriff Joe Arpaio - America's Voice