Acid attacks, time for more severe punishments?.

I think this 'diversity training seminar' gig has died of old age now. The reason that detection rates are so low are manifold, but fairly high on the list would be There Are Not Enough Police Officers.

To police about 30 EDL chimps and about 100 other assorted aggrieved involved having to import officers from two other forces (BTP notwithstanding); additionally we brought in vans from surrounding divisions. I can remember when a) we'd have been beating off PSU volunteers for overtime and b) we could have managed such a tawdry display pretty much in house.

Much needed valid training courses are being chinned off or delayed, the days of yoghurt knitting are long gone.
Any news on the victim of the attack?

I am very much in favour of the rehabilitation of miscreants but only AFTER the penal revenge bit. Ie drink driving gets you banned, and a couple of hundred hours of community service. On successfully completion of award a anti DUI course followed by a mandatory 40 hours of training and a
enhanced test. Over two days and including a night drive. Giving you a probationary license. Limited to a 1000cc car. That is black boxed and asbo'd from parking in a pub car park. Ditto thieves. Community service followed by esteem building and some lessons in why theft is naughty. Education where necessary. Could send some boys around to steal their stuff and make them earn it back. But throwing acid around? That should equal some hard, hard time in jail. I'm thinking breaking rocks and sieving them to ensure the work is done. 1 ton of gravel earns you a meal. That kind of hard times. Followed by education and rehabilitation, and a lifetime on parole. Knowing that the sledgehammer and sieve awaits, should you even be thought to be not playing the game.
That type of regime would cost the government a lot of money. They are not even willing to properly fund the system we have.

That type of regime would cost the government a lot of money. They are not even willing to properly fund the system we have.
Exactly. The government will not fund radical changes to the system because, as far as they are concerned, it works perfectly well. MP's and their families rarely become victims of violent crime. Cox was an exception, not the rule. And in the wake of her murder, there was a significant increase in spending on MP's security. And no matter how low the police numbers drop, there will always be enough armed coppers to stag on at Westminster.

There are no political consequences either; when the public and media complains about rising violent crime, MP's simply blame the other Party. Or the police for not, "doing more with less". Or claim the figures don't give an accurate picture of crime in the UK.

Politicians won't fix what isn't, "broken".

Did we? Show us the statute where stealing bread was punishable by death or a case where a person was hung for stealing bread.
It's an aid to teacher so one would assum it has been checked as best they could.
What crimes carried this sentence?

During the 18th century, the number of crimes that were punished by hanging rose to about 200. Some, such as treason or murder, were serious crimes, but others were what we would call minor offences. For example, the death sentence could be passed for picking pockets or stealing food.

These were the kinds of crime likely to be committed by people in most need, at a time when many families lived in poverty. Towards the end of the 1700's, the number of people hanged for petty crimes was causing public unrest.

In 1823, Sir Robert Peel reduced the number of offences for which convicts could be executed, by over 100. In 1830, Lord John Russell abolished the death sentence for horse stealing and housebreaking.

There was a case in your link from 1717 of an 18 year old girl hanged for stealing in a shop, a bit harsh for shoplifting.

Not when you see the Pikeys around our way. New build sites they send the kids in (10 year olds and under) to report back on what's "removable"

Sorry for diversion - back to the thread.

Children & juvenile executions I must admit I thought stealing, including bread, attracted a good hanging but maybe it's something that the trendy left wallow in so that they can point to the 18th C (or there abouts) as 'uncivilised' or lacking in modern enlightenment... Personally, hanging these scum, and those like them, would probably be quite therapeutic.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...r-news/walkden-house-fire-trial-live-14598271
think of the day out you could have? Punch and Judy, couple of beers, hog roast, maybe a boxing match and then the main event. I believe in roman times arsonists were burnt alive. There's a certain symmetric elegance to that but might be a bit much for the stomach.

Children & juvenile executions I must admit I thought stealing, including bread, attracted a good hanging but maybe it's something that the trendy left wallow in
The list of capital crimes expanded from about 50 to about 220 during the course of the 17th/18th centuries. Most of the additions were for crimes against property... As far as I can tell relying on the sentence to deter crime in the absence of a professional police force.. Now once caught you still had to convince a jury that the value or nature of the goods should attract the noose... As I understand it there were a significant number of cases where the malevolent class enemy bourgeois jurors would use the technicalities to avoid hanging minors. Hence the focus on the statutes in the system not on their practical operation.

The bloody code peaked at 222 crimes (statute and common law) which a person could be hanged for.

Larceny (in short) is theft. This was not a hanging offence.

Grand larceny is theft with the value of the goods being above a specific amount. Grand larceny was a hanging offence.

Jurors would often deliberately underestimate the value of goods so that they didn’t have to send a defendant to the gallows.

Larceny no longer exists, it was replaced by the Theft Act 1968.

... I believe in roman times arsonists were burnt alive. There's a certain symmetric elegance to that but might be a bit much for the stomach.
We were burning heretics far more recently, Martyrs Memorial in Oxford commemorates the burning at the stake of Latimer, Ridley and Cranmer in the mid-1550s.
Wealthy heretics could buy a bag of gunpowder to hang around their necks- when they’d had enough they could lean forward to dangle it in the flames and blow their head off.
I also remember reading about another poor unfortunate whose watching family and friends tried to hasten his end by piling on more wood. Unfortunately the stuff was damp and apparently he’d burnt away up to the knees by the time he expired.
Oxford Martyrs - Wikipedia

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Three people from Walthamstow arrested

from beeb website
The men, aged 22, 25 and 26, were arrested in London on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.

Three arrests over acid attack on boy, 3

most likely a drug enforcement deal, or family honour

I am hoping that with advances in treatment for soft tissue damage ( something I have seen the result off ) that early treatment will reduce most if not all of the damage

we often fail to realise just how good our NHS is and how many very dedicated and gifted people are involved in its myriad workings, and they come from all parts of the world and commit themselves to our well being
I have just seen this at close quarters, it makes me very humble, and frankly for most of us our work and careers are as nothing compared to the work they do

Did we? Show us the statute where stealing bread was punishable by death or a case where a person was hung for stealing bread.
Perhaps not specifically for stealing bread, but starting with the Black Act 1723 the death penalty was introduced for a very large number of offences (up to a high of approximately 220 in the 1780s) over the course of the 18th century - including theft from a shop of goods worth over 5 shillings. (in the late 18th century that would have been a lot of bread!)

Of course, a lot more people were sentenced to death than actually executed and it is likely that very few were actually hanged for theft of small amounts of food. In fact, the rates of execution for property offences were much lower than you would think - just over 1,000 people in England Scotland and wales in the 20 years from 1755-1775.

Just read the rest of the thread - doh! you know all that already (but you would with your Law degree recently finished I believe)

Last edited:
Uncle Sadiq is on it, don't panic....

acid.JPG

Last edited:
We were burning heretics far more recently, Martyrs Memorial in Oxford commemorates the burning at the stake of Latimer, Ridley and Cranmer in the mid-1550s.
Wealthy heretics could buy a bag of gunpowder to hang around their necks- when they’d had enough they could lean forward to dangle it in the flames and blow their head off.
I also remember reading about another poor unfortunate whose watching family and friends tried to hasten his end by piling on more wood. Unfortunately the stuff was damp and apparently he’d burnt away up to the knees by the time he expired.
Oxford Martyrs - Wikipedia

If memory serves, the last burning was in 1789. Women might be burned at the stake for High Treason or Petty Treason (killing their husband). High Treason included the offence of coining (i.e. clipping bits off the coin), and it was thought unacceptable to Hang, Draw and Quarter women as it would involve exposing their naked form to the mob - so they were burned instead. This invariably saw the woman being strangled/hanged prior to the fire being lit, but the citizens of Newgate protested that this sort of thing really wasn't in keeping with the high class nature of the area, and the Sheriff of London at the time - also an MP - protested in parliament that it was unfair that women should be burned rather than simply hanged, since they received a harsher sentence. The Treason act of about 1790 removed the punishment from the statute book and women - like men - were hanged.

The sick scumfcuk needs to spend many decades in a Third World hellhole prison, and be released when the victim is taking his grandson for his first legal pint.

My bold.. that could be a great Idea possibly solving a few problems...
1) Prison overcrowding in UK,
2) paying for such very basic accommodation out of the overseas aid budget, thus aiding that countries economy.
3) having a real punishment for criminals instead of the apparent holiday camp regime seen on videos taken ILLEGALLY by criminals supposedly being punished in our prisons!

But we would first have to have a Govt. & legal establishment that was fit for purpose and ignore the bleats from the usual SJW types... I'm not holding my breath :-(

You mean I've A, Pointed out that people stole in the past because they would starve if they didn't. B, Pointed out we still have crime despite prisons. C, The murder rate went up after the death penalty was sacked off.
All inconvenient facts for those opposed to harsher treatment of shitcunts.
At no point did I say anything about rehabilitation just that prison should be so harsh people view it as a deterrent.
There's a pretty close correlation with colour telly, maybe that's it. Unlikely to be the death penalty as the Septics still have it and more murder.