Acid attacks, time for more severe punishments?.

People stole bread because it was that or starve, nowadays there is a safety net for everyone.

As crime still happens despite us having prison as a deterrent, should we bin prisons?

Also, the murder rate has gone up since the abolition of the death penalty.
You deliberately miss the point.

I see you are in favour of the US system of penal revenge as opposed the the rehabilitation of criminals, which in the long term is much cheaper.

I see you are in favour of the US system of penal revenge as opposed the the rehabilitation of criminals, which in the long term is much cheaper.
You mean I've A, Pointed out that people stole in the past because they would starve if they didn't. B, Pointed out we still have crime despite prisons. C, The murder rate went up after the death penalty was sacked off.
All inconvenient facts for those opposed to harsher treatment of shitcunts.
At no point did I say anything about rehabilitation just that prison should be so harsh people view it as a deterrent.

It wasn't related. The local antifas have tried to make hay out of this, but it's coincidence.
Not saying you're wrong but have you seen something I haven't?

I've not seen any indication of who exactly did it (apart from the photos of the trio of suspects, who I admit don't look like the typical EDL type of knuckledragger) or motive as yet!

Not saying you're wrong but have you seen something I haven't?
Without wishing to be trite, yes; Ive seen the first generation cctv. As usual, the transposition process has rendered the still image published about as clear as a nineteenth generation Rodox minority interest video circa 1989.

I am very much in favour of the rehabilitation of miscreants but only AFTER the penal revenge bit. Ie drink driving gets you banned, and a couple of hundred hours of community service. On successfully completion of award a anti DUI course followed by a mandatory 40 hours of training and a
enhanced test. Over two days and including a night drive. Giving you a probationary license. Limited to a 1000cc car. That is black boxed and asbo'd from parking in a pub car park. Ditto thieves. Community service followed by esteem building and some lessons in why theft is naughty. Education where necessary. Could send some boys around to steal their stuff and make them earn it back. But throwing acid around? That should equal some hard, hard time in jail. I'm thinking breaking rocks and sieving them to ensure the work is done. 1 ton of gravel earns you a meal. That kind of hard times. Followed by education and rehabilitation, and a lifetime on parole. Knowing that the sledgehammer and sieve awaits, should you even be thought to be not playing the game.

As far as I can tell from the available evidence, the principal deterrent factor is the likelihood of getting caught, penalty is secondary as long at it isn't derisory. Harshness of conditions tertiary. If the little scrotes know that they are unlikely to get caught, or they'll get an ASBO or a service order, then they won't worry too much about what things are like in stir.
And with clear up rates now the wrong side of 10% there's little prospect of being them caught & even less chance of receiving meaningful punishment.

Meanwhile, Police officers' attendance at diversity training seminars is at nigh on 100%.

I am very much in favour of the rehabilitation of miscreants but only AFTER the penal revenge bit. Ie drink driving gets you banned, and a couple of hundred hours of community service. On successfully completion of award a anti DUI course followed by a mandatory 40 hours of training and a
enhanced test. Over two days and including a night drive. Giving you a probationary license. Limited to a 1000cc car. That is black boxed and asbo'd from parking in a pub car park. Ditto thieves. Community service followed by esteem building and some lessons in why theft is naughty. Education where necessary. Could send some boys around to steal their stuff and make them earn it back. But throwing acid around? That should equal some hard, hard time in jail. I'm thinking breaking rocks and sieving them to ensure the work is done. 1 ton of gravel earns you a meal. That kind of hard times. Followed by education and rehabilitation, and a lifetime on parole. Knowing that the sledgehammer and sieve awaits, should you even be thought to be not playing the game.
Pansy-assed liberal

Bless.

And with clear up rates now the wrong side of 10% there's little prospect of being them caught & even less chance of receiving meaningful punishment.

Meanwhile, Police officers' attendance at diversity training seminars is at nigh on 100%.
I think this 'diversity training seminar' gig has died of old age now. The reason that detection rates are so low are manifold, but fairly high on the list would be There Are Not Enough Police Officers.

To police about 30 EDL chimps and about 100 other assorted aggrieved involved having to import officers from two other forces (BTP notwithstanding); additionally we brought in vans from surrounding divisions. I can remember when a) we'd have been beating off PSU volunteers for overtime and b) we could have managed such a tawdry display pretty much in house.

Much needed valid training courses are being chinned off or delayed, the days of yoghurt knitting are long gone.

We used to hang people for stealing bread.
Did we? Show us the statute where stealing bread was punishable by death or a case where a person was hung for stealing bread.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You want to introduce sharia law into the UK?
Surely it's "Old Testament" therefore Christian rather than "Sharia"?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk