Acid attack in Tanzania

Zanzibar: two British charity volunteers injured in acid attack | World news | theguardian.com

Two British teenage women targeted in Zanzibar acid attack are named - Crime - UK - The Independent

The Independent said:
Two British girls have been attacked with acid in the east African island of Zanzibar, police have confirmed.

Katie Gee and Kirstie Trup, were walking through the streets of Stone Town late in the evening when two men on a moped approached them.

A corrosive substance was then thrown at the 18-year-olds, who ran into the sea in an attempt to wash the substance off.

The acid splashed their faces, chests and hands and they had to be taken to a hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, for emergency treatment.
Pretty terrible to hear.

This is why I tell people who go to these shitholes to do charity not to bother, they will just throw it in your face (sadly litterally in this case) and either kidnap/kill or harm you.

S

syledis

I think this is something personal, like a rejected local suitor.

Just my best guess

S

syledis

When we work in places like that we never let our female crewmembers go off on their own, even in some airports they get hassled by the locals

I'll just come out and say it , the pair of them looked stuck up little bitches.

On that tenuous basis I will state that they knocked back some lad over there in a none too friendly way and got way out of their depth rapid style.

Any other theories ?

S

syledis

I'll just come out and say it , the pair of them looked stuck up little bitches.

On that tenuous basis I will state that they knocked back some lad over there in a none too friendly way and got way out of their depth rapid style.

Any other theories ?

What i said but i did it with more panache and sensitivity!!

Was a Tanzanian student in the flat next door to mine at Uni and some of the stuff he used to tell from back home was bloody grim. Don't see why the feck these do gooders bother going to far off places when nobody will ever be grateful.

All the same however I hope they make a recover with as little scarring as possible. Poor sods.Pretty little things too.

Err you are a cock
He's also forgot the thread is not in the NAAFI, so his internet hard-man act is misplaced.
What is it with some on this site? FFS, it was 2 young lasses getting off their arses and doing some voluntary work, rather than hanging around street corners in the UK drinking white lightning, which would also have got them a slating on ARRSE!
Good Luck to them and their families and I hope they fully recover from their injuries.

Any other theories ?
Oh right! so knocking back some local ....gives them the right to throw acid in a girls face? the acid throwers should be kicked to a red stain.

Any other theories ?
Very incisive, you could give Michael Mansfield and Anthony Scrivener a run for their money with such unimpeachable and well presented evidence.

You utter japs eye.

S

syledis

He may have worded it very badly but i still think its been based on either jealousy from a local girl, or a guy who has been knocked back.

Mate of mine has worked as a volunteer for several summers in Zanzibar (teaching), and now manages volunteers there. Never had any hassle. If it was done by a white Brit in the UK, would we say all white Brits are acid-throwing thugs?

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
More like some local forgot that someone female saying "Good Morning" to them doesn't really mean come back to my place tonight Big Boy.