Achilles Tendon

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by History_Man, Jun 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I snapped my Achilles Tendon in my left leg yesterday - I am now in plaster and on crutches; have any fellow ARRSERs had a similar experience and, if so, what advice can they offer?

2. 12 weeks in plaster... mine was stitched back together which meant it healed more quickly. Not much to do until the pot comes off then work your way up to getting full mobility. I used a canoe strap round my back and foot to get the pressure to stretch it. Check for adhesions and try and work them out... and warm up properly next time... :grin:

3. Thank you. I now have some idea of what to expect; unfortunately, warming up properly wasn't an option yesterday. Can't fault the treatment that I received at St Peter's Hospital in Chertsey yeseterday - the NHS at it's best!

4. I think one of our blokes snapped his playing football for the battalion. That was a few months ago and he is still on crutches!

5. FFS! I could do without that.

6. My ex hubs snapped his playing badminton, took the full 12 weeks plus some to heal BUT heal it did. Don't push too fast, do what the physio tells you and be patient would be my advice....especially the patience bit!

7. Thank you, that's good advice. I tried to do too much on Saturday and was in tatters yestersay as a result; needless to say, I've learnt my lesson...