Ach,Teufel !.......der Kraut forebears.....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Goatman, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Mein Gott ! Grossmutter must never know....

5 vote(s)
  2. Aha, that explains much about East Anglia.....

6 vote(s)
  3. Zis cannot be true! Typical Boche propaganda, Hein ? Pass zer Frikkadellen....

8 vote(s)
  4. I always said we fought the wrong side to a standstill....twice.....

20 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

DonnerWetter!.....zis vill be ver' bad news for zer Liddle Englander Tendency !

Mein Gott vot vill Herr Clarkson say ?

All you vith Cherman Ancestors - Hans Opp ?

The Anglo-Saxon Invasion: Britain Is More Germanic than It Thinks - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
  2. Well ficken me blind.
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nieder wann er sind Hund in der strasse.....
  4. ich sag das schon seit jahren! hoert irgendjemand auf mich?......nein!! nun habt ihr den salat
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Dash it all that chap....spit it out ? Blasted germknodelkopfs......

( so is it true Jeremy Clarkson's DNA test result was covered up when he discovered he was actually 95% LedeHosenerer by ancestry ? I think we should be told......)
  6. At least we are not French!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Hengist was coarser than Horsa and Horsa was certainly coarse ..

My understanding is that they were invited over by Vortigern, a Celt who was trying to fill the vacuum left by the Romans, with a mission to put down piracy.

What would be interesting is a mitichondrail analysis on a fairly wide scale which would establish whether H & H & co brought their own women with them or mostly used the local supply. I suspect the latter.

If we were exclusively Germanic where did the English sense of humour come from?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You got it Seaweed, anyone from Kent should know this tale well, as the Horse is 'allegedly' Horsa's battle emblem. The Scroll bearing 'Invicta' means unconquered, relates to William the Bastard's ambush by Kentishmen and Men of Kent who demanded their Saxon rights of Inheritence, or Williams death. William accepted these terms and Kent was the only county of England retained Saxon law. Horsa and Hengist were granted the Isle of Sheppey by Vortigern for their anti piracy operations and they then decided to conquer the rest of the island. Kents genetic makeup is supposedly Jutish, Essex (EaSt Saxon's), Sussex (South Saxons) East Anglia (Angles), Wessex (West Saxons and so on....
  9. On reading this I contacted my friend, the renowned anthroplogist Dr Professor Heinrich Knackerwurstfinkelfefferappfelstrudeltrommeler von Ulm und Wittelsbach Anhalt Hohenlinden Maybach Sachenhausen, and he said quite categoricaly, Dies ist alles ein total load von Bollucks mein freund, then carried on eating his bacon sarnie.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. meine oma looks like the koenigin............wundert mich schon
  11. Unfortunately some of us are.
  12. So, the genes of Germans and Brits are similar and the "experts" reckon it's because of a German invasion in the past?

How likely is that, really?

Look at history, it's filled with accounts of Brit armies going on foreign tours over there. Who's to say Tropper & his mates didn't do a bit of impregnating der frauleins in the Dark Ages. After all, it was Dark - nobody could be certain who was doing what to whom.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It cant be true. The germanic idea of fun is to work ours is the noble tradition of getting shit faced.
  14. This is no surprise to me gents, my fathers German and my wife was born in reintel! alles klar?