ach mein gott!

Usually a 432 chassis with a bolt on PzKpfw III top half, Yugoslavian post war Hanomag half track or a Russian copy of a BMW. hth!

Yet again I'm disappointed that the Field Kitchen and Laundry are not represented.

Weird, agreed, but is it any weirder than dressing in slimy, advert-smeared plastic clothing, and dedicating one's life to the fortunes of a rabble of spiky-haired wife-beaters chasing a bladder about a bit of grass?

Weird, agreed, but is it any weirder than dressing in slimy, advert-smeared plastic clothing, and dedicating one's life to the fortunes of a rabble of spiky-haired wife-beaters chasing a bladder about a bit of grass?
once you get into dedicating your life territory with any hobby you're starting to get pretty odd.

in this specific case i find the selection of SS units weird as well as the level of detail/amount of equipment they're going in for but if they were some bloke that had every piece of milley cyrus merchandise that had ever been released i'd find that strange as well.

maybe there are just fewer panzers parked in driveways around my way

Some of them look old enough to have been there for the real thing.

once you get into dedicating your life territory with any hobby you're starting to get pretty odd.

in this specific case i find the selection of SS units weird as well as the level of detail/amount of equipment they're going in for but if they were some bloke that had every piece of milley cyrus merchandise that had ever been released i'd find that strange as well.

maybe there are just fewer panzers parked in driveways around my way
It does seem that re-enactors prefer Wermacht/Waffen SS or Yanks - wonder if it's because the uniforms look smarter than the sack of shit coming aparet in the middle that was BD under strain ? Not many Brits/Yanks choosing WW2 French though, wonder why ?

It does seem that re-enactors prefer Wermacht/Waffen SS or Yanks - wonder if it's because the uniforms look smarter than the sack of shit coming aparet in the middle that was BD under strain ? Not many Brits/Yanks choosing WW2 French though, wonder why ?
the gestapo did look fantastic but i'd think twice before going shopping dressed as Heinrich Himmler

I think we used to have a reenactor user on here, he described it as:
"Which would you rather wear, an Armani designer jacket or a hessian sack tied with a rope."

Playing with the tanks does look fun though. Not so sure about the dressing up. Really not so sure about the one one guy who reenacts as a Japanese Soldier.
When all said and done its a hobby and it keeps the past alive, which can only be a good thing.

Edit:
Following on from the above post, looks like the IJA guy has recruited some fans.