ACF walter Knobber?

Yesterday I attended a range conference, nothing great there

I always go in civvies, as do 95% of ACF/CCF types

My eye was caught by a major representing an ACF Sector

He was wearing House Div TRF

Major Rank Slide NO ACF

Taking he is not a regular officer, (If he was sorry but WTF you doing representing the ACF??)
Why did he feel the need to stoke his ego and give himself a hard on by attending a crappy monthly range conference walting as he did?

Anyone shed light on why people do this?

Dunno, you'd better ask the 50% or so of ACF Offrs/AIs I saw recently at Altcar who were also 'incorrectly dressed'.

msr

Or not being able to recognise that fact that they have left and now hold the rank of Lt?

All the more reason I support the idea that ACF etc should wear their own capbadge(s).

Those who have served should be allowed to wear their old capbadge and accutriments. Sort the wheat from the chaff as it were.

Why didn't you just ask him?

Or were you scared of being put in your place by a glorified kiddy fiddler?

StabTiffy2B said:
Why didn't you just ask him?

Or were you scared of being put in your place by a glorified kiddy fiddler?
To be honest I wanted to get in and go , I was start of the month so I was out early. There was not much no chatter on the table, maybe I should of been quicker to question

Mongoose said:
Could have been a TSA? (etc)
In the rank of Major :? I wouldn't have thought so.

I crossed swords with an ACF Capt/Maj at Bisley a few years back from one of the Jock counties. He would wear a SAS beret with cloth badge BUT had a Scots DG capbadge stuck in front of his SAS badge! Complete throbber! So a wooden top TRF is small change where ACF 'walting' is concerned!

It's about time LAND sent out instructions to the effect that this sort of walting is a shopable offence which will affect the offenders pocket and bar them from any chance of an MBE type gong!

schoolstaffinstructor said:
he signed in as Maj************* ***********ACF

CTT are usually Capt
Not at Bovy, but then, they're Cav' :wink:

Does sound like you've got a 'bigging me up' type, funny the throbber actually put 'ACF' after his John Thomas!

Which London Sector was he from? Not that I'm likely to pick up the phone to his CEO and shop the tosser (not when I've got a direct line to the Bde Maj at London Distract for said Purpose! :D )

Mongoose said:
I crossed swords with an ACF Capt/Maj at Bisley a few years back from one of the Jock counties. He would wear a SAS beret with cloth badge BUT had a Scots DG capbadge stuck in front of his SAS badge! Complete throbber! So a wooden top TRF is small change where ACF 'walting' is concerned!
Ive heard of him, but I was told he was genuine. Is that not the case?

Airfix said:
Mongoose said:
Could have been a TSA? (etc)
In the rank of Major :? I wouldn't have thought so.

How the FCUK does that work?

Didn't anyone challenge him?

SgtH

Old-Salt
In OUR county ACF, anyone who has previously served 4 years or more Reg/TA IS allowed to retain old beret/badge regardless of ACF Coy/Sqn/Bty working with.
Anyone who served LESS than 4, BUT served 'Operational' is also allowed same, However TRF's are a no-no!, UNLESS still serving, ie TA.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
chocolate_frog said:
All the more reason I support the idea that ACF etc should wear their own capbadge(s).

Those who have served should be allowed to wear their old capbadge and accutriments. Sort the wheat from the chaff as it were.
I think this would not be a good idea. For the following reasons:

1. I was looking at setting an ACF unit in an overseas Garrison. I looked at the idea of using a Generic ACF badge or the General Service Corps badge. The feedback I got from Cadets was very much that they did not want that. The feedback i get from ATC cadets is that they resent the ATC capbadge and find it very annoying that the CCF RAF sections wear the RAF capbadge.

2. Allowing some instructors to wear badges from previous service would be extremely divisive. Your suggestion that it would sort the 'wheat from the chaff' suggests that you consider those with previous service to be superior to those without. In my experience that is not always the case. Some of the biggest knobs I've come across have previous adult service and some of the best AI's and officer's do not.

In fact i can attest to that divisiveness personally. Because of my previous form I get wear the proper regimental beret with my capbadge. Other adults and the cadets have to wear a blue/black one. It's a source of irritation to them - I know because it comes up every now and again.

3. I have very good links with my sponsoring corps. I get a lot of help from them. Without those links would they be quite so ready to help?