ACF walter Knobber?

Discussion in 'ACF' started by schoolstaffinstructor, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yesterday I attended a range conference, nothing great there

I always go in civvies, as do 95% of ACF/CCF types

My eye was caught by a major representing an ACF Sector

He was wearing House Div TRF

Major Rank Slide NO ACF

Taking he is not a regular officer, (If he was sorry but WTF you doing representing the ACF??)
    Why did he feel the need to stoke his ego and give himself a hard on by attending a crappy monthly range conference walting as he did?

Anyone shed light on why people do this?

2. msr

msr LE

Dunno, you'd better ask the 50% or so of ACF Offrs/AIs I saw recently at Altcar who were also 'incorrectly dressed'.

msr

3. Bruised egos from not being suitable for the Regs/TA ??

4. msr

msr LE

Or not being able to recognise that fact that they have left and now hold the rank of Lt?

5. All the more reason I support the idea that ACF etc should wear their own capbadge(s).

Those who have served should be allowed to wear their old capbadge and accutriments. Sort the wheat from the chaff as it were.

6. Why didn't you just ask him?

Or were you scared of being put in your place by a glorified kiddy fiddler?

7. If you had served, you wouldn't be bothered by it all; after all you have done your bit? Then again they may have underachieved, and now be some what frustrated

8. To be honest I wanted to get in and go , I was start of the month so I was out early. There was not much no chatter on the table, maybe I should of been quicker to question

9. Could have been a TSA? (etc)

10. In the rank of Major :? I wouldn't have thought so.

I crossed swords with an ACF Capt/Maj at Bisley a few years back from one of the Jock counties. He would wear a SAS beret with cloth badge BUT had a Scots DG capbadge stuck in front of his SAS badge! Complete throbber! So a wooden top TRF is small change where ACF 'walting' is concerned!

It's about time LAND sent out instructions to the effect that this sort of walting is a shopable offence which will affect the offenders pocket and bar them from any chance of an MBE type gong!

11. no it was not a TSA

12. OC of a CTT?

13. he signed in as Maj************* ***********ACF

CTT are usually Capt

14. Not at Bovy, but then, they're Cav' :wink:

Does sound like you've got a 'bigging me up' type, funny the throbber actually put 'ACF' after his John Thomas!

Which London Sector was he from? Not that I'm likely to pick up the phone to his CEO and shop the tosser (not when I've got a direct line to the Bde Maj at London Distract for said Purpose! :D )

15. not after his name, his unit was *************** ACF, you see TSA sign in as there Bde, CTT as there Team