ACF urban Myths

do you ever hear of stories that is so unbelievable and it has echoed down the annals of the ACF movement ?
No Names no pack drills mind.

no takers , we must be a boring lot then :lol:

Get ready for a helicopter ride if you go to annual camp, that is THE most legendary urban myth. It was when I was in anyway.;)

SA80 next year???? They were telling cadets that back in 1997!!!

CO: Weve got plenty of blank for this weekends excersise.

Actuality: 3 rounds per cadet to last 24 hours and 3 section attacks.

i got a helicopter ride at one of my summer camps when i was in the ACF, it was at crowborough if i remember correctly and was in a Gazelle in 1998/9 i think with Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Rutland ACF. So some rumours do have real foundations!

Back_row_roar said:
ACF will be getting SA80s next year (two years ago)
Just did my WHT on L85A2, but the cadets wont be allowed to do so until every adult is trained up first. That will take longer than getting the weapons in the first place.

A Skilled pass, incidentally, Ahem... :wink:

I am fairly sure that the LSW's are being replaced with the A2 equivalent as we have been told that our LSW qualifications are void until we are trained on the "new" one.

Cadets with the A2 rifle I would think highly unlikely. For the forseeable future it is most likely to be continued cannabilism of the GP rifle to keep some in service, whilst a final desicion is made around it's replacement.

ACF urban myths...

Ian Huntley was a swimming instructor for Norfolk ACF

Fred West used to teach field defences to Gloucescescestershire ACF

its all true i tell ya.

oh_bug.ger said:
I am fairly sure that the LSW's are being replaced with the A2 equivalent as we have been told that our LSW qualifications are void until we are trained on the "new" one.

Cadets with the A2 rifle I would think highly unlikely. For the forseeable future it is most likely to be continued cannabilism of the GP rifle to keep some in service, whilst a final desicion is made around it's replacement.
That makes more sense. W_o_t_w - why didnt they test you on LSW?

suits_U said:
CO: Weve got plenty of blank for this weekends excersise.

Actuality: 3 rounds per cadet to last 24 hours and 3 section attacks.
Isn't that a TA urban myth? No, my mistake, the cadets actually got some blank.

escape_artists_never_die said:
oh_bug.ger said:

That makes more sense. W_o_t_w - why didnt they test you on LSW?

ATC doesnt have them. Never has.

Cadets over 14.5 years and proficient in handling the L98A1 may qualify to shoot the L85A2. As far as I can tell, Cadets can shoot pretty much anything as long as they have the relevant WHT and supervision.

For tactical excercises using blank, the L85A1 or A2 is preferred, as it can be fitted with a BFA, and is safer. I'm not sure, but I think we, in the ATC are banned from using the L98 with blanks, currently.

oh_bug.ger said:
Cadets with the A2 rifle I would think highly unlikely. .
Why so?

We had No.4s whent the rest of the army had them.

We regularly used to use SLRs when they were the standard arm

The only thing stopping us from having L85A2s is availablity and politics.

Some Dont like the idea of cadets handling semi or full auto/s.5 weapons, or indeed any weapons. Sod 'em. Anyone who doesnt like shooting should be on the sex offenders register anyway!

Availability : being that everything is needed for RummyWorld Inc, and possibly RummyWorld II (Tehran, Opening Summer 2007!)

And...Why do the cadet forces need our weapons, they have got there own...

Tbh, its probably harder for the cadets to have single shot than semi auto.

Its more fuss anyway.

They do end up mullering the butterflys with full auto, so why not issue semi?

As an aside.....im mullered.......9 pints...

Cro.........oh, hang on..........Rab

'The ACF is demanding - sometimes challenging. The ACF is rewarding. You get back far more than you put in. Confidence. Assertiveness. Stamina. Bravery. Leadership. Teamwork. Problem-solving. Decision-making. New skills. Unique experiences. The ACF is serious fun too.'

Biggest Urban Myth I've ever seen!

-Seriously though...where would I be without it!!?!!

Not so much a myth but one that has had the chinese whisper syndrome added to it.

One annual camp instructor gets issued quantity of blank and pyro including thunderflashes. The thunder flashes where of the old type. The light and throw for dear life as the fuse was a tad unpredictable.
Middle of excersise and instructor feels now would be the time to demonstrate his walten Kommando SAS training.
Instructor lights t-flash ushers cadets behind him and proceeds to count down.
Instructor shouts out prepare to move!! 5...4...3.BANG!!!!!!!!! AAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Said t-flash goes of in his hand causing serious burns, and lots of aching ribs from the onlookers of this mishap.

Some people never listen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
junior_RLC The Intelligence Cell 46
ging-gwar The Intelligence Cell 0
Nige The Training Wing 2