ACF Sergeant wants RE Mess Dress and No 2s

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by The-Teacher, Jul 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a Sergeant Instructor in the ACF. I am affiliated to the RE and I am looking for Mess Dress and No 2s.

Any ideas on where I can them from as they are not issued to us but are ocassionally needed?

Ta

The Teacher

2. Try asking at the RE Unit to which you are affiliated, people are always 'outgrowing' Mess Dress!

3. Ta Shorty, I will get in touch with the other detachment in our Company where the RE are actually based and get someone to ask them.

The Teacher

4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Try the thrift shop at RSME Brompton - run by the QM Dept I seem to recall.

5. Mess dress isn't issued, you'd have to buy it yourself. Thrift shop is a good place to start for second hand gear, either that or any of the ads in the back pages of Sapper/Soldier mag for new.

6. Does anyone have contact details for the Thrift Shop, website or whatever?

I have emailed RSME Brompton but as of yet had no reply.

Ta.

The Teacher

7. Got a fat bstd set hanging in the garage! Unless of course a certain clothing storeman at 33 gets his arse in gear then he can have them-be quick teacher they wont be there long

8. just looked where you are must be loads of lads in 106 or ex 106 who have a set hanging round as well

9. Talk to Corps Enterprises (also at Brompton Bks), they may well have a direct civvy phone number for the thrift shop.

http://www.army.mod.uk/royalengineers/shop/

I got my mess kit and service dress from there for a complete bargain price.

10. Ive got a R Signals one for sale and I beleive Signals and RE mess dress is the same except for badges obviously. Can anyone confirm this?
    If its right PM me if your interested to confirm size

11. What size are you mate, I have a friend who left last week and is looking to offload his mess dress?