ACF instructors DO have access to ArmyNet.

However, the dress regs on there are a PITA as you do have to load it a page at a time. I can't find a way to download it as a oner.

My recommendation, if you can't get access to ArmyNet is to either:
1) Send a message to your RSM and say you don't want to look a tit on camp and wondered if you could get a copy of dress regs. (If he can't help you, or refer you to somebody who can, at least he can't pick you up).
2) Send a message to your RHQ. They should be able to send you a copy of the regimental dress regulations without many hassles. Give them some time though, they do have more pressing things to do. But they'll probably do it eventually, depending on how keen on the ACF they are.
3) Go on armycadetforce.com and ask. The people there are quite helpful and there is one chap who I think spends all day trawling ArmyNet downloading stuff for the ACF. Either that or he works very long days.

If all that fails, just iron your shirt every week, iron your trousers every week, polish your boots after parade nights, keep your smock clean, mould your beret until it looks half decent, and as that is the only mandatory dress for the ACF you can never be caught out

Is Armynet still a thing?

However, the dress regs on there are a PITA as you do have to load it a page at a time. I can't find a way to download it as a oner.

My recommendation, if you can't get access to ArmyNet is to either:
1) Send a message to your RSM and say you don't want to look a tit on camp and wondered if you could get a copy of dress regs. (If he can't help you, or refer you to somebody who can, at least he can't pick you up).
2) Send a message to your RHQ. They should be able to send you a copy of the regimental dress regulations without many hassles. Give them some time though, they do have more pressing things to do. But they'll probably do it eventually, depending on how keen on the ACF they are.
3) Go on armycadetforce.com and ask. The people there are quite helpful and there is one chap who I think spends all day trawling ArmyNet downloading stuff for the ACF. Either that or he works very long days.

If all that fails, just iron your shirt every week, iron your trousers every week, polish your boots after parade nights, keep your smock clean, mould your beret until it looks half decent, and as that is the only mandatory dress for the ACF you can never be caught out

How very quaint.
Or, you could simply use the dress regs that others in your unit/company will already know or read what is contained in ACF literature.

Talon

Old-Salt
We use Defence Gateway these days. I believe ArmyNet is still available somewhere but there isn't much there.

On a side note, polish would totally ruin my boots.

An old question, possibly been asnwered in other posts - if a Army, Air Force or R Navy adult Cadet Instructor recieves a commission - do regular serving servicemen/women have to salute them if they are in uniform?

So would you salute the delectable Honourary Group Captain Carole Vorderman if she was in uniform.....??????????????

An old question, possibly been asnwered in other posts - if a Army, Air Force or R Navy adult Cadet Instructor recieves a commission - do regular serving servicemen/women have to salute them if they are in uniform?

So would you salute the delectable Honourary Group Captain Carole Vorderman if she was in uniform.....??????????????
You'd probably stand to attention.

The answer certainly used to be yes (at least for ACF/ATC), as they technically held the same commission as any other officer. Not really sure now, but if in doubt then you might as well.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I once saluted an Irish Guardsman in his 2 dress, he had that much shiny stuff on his shoulders and it was sunny. He giggled.
Tidworth, 1976. "There'll be a company of Coldstreams visiting to look at our new (apart from 1RTR had used them "robustly" before us) Scorpions and familiarise. "

Walking between Eskimo Ness (the SQMS) store and cookhouse, a set of very sharp Twos comes round the corner, with an inordinate amount of shoulder bling. Throw one up. Salute returned very smartly with a bit of a giggle.

Another set of Twos with shoulder bling, another exchange of salutes and a giggle.

Then came a set of Twos with shoulder bling AND a Lance Corporal tape. Wtf?!? Then the rest of the company of Coldstream Guards. Bastids.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Tidworth, 1976. "There'll be a company of Coldstreams visiting to look at our new (apart from 1RTR had used them "robustly" before us) Scorpions and familiarise. "

Walking between Eskimo Ness (the SQMS) store and cookhouse, a set of very sharp Twos comes round the corner, with an inordinate amount of shoulder bling. Throw one up. Salute returned very smartly with a bit of a giggle.

Another set of Twos with shoulder bling, another exchange of salutes and a giggle.

Then came a set of Twos with shoulder bling AND a Lance Corporal tape. Wtf?!? Then the rest of the company of Coldstream Guards. Bastids.
They always liked a bit of bling....

The RAF saluted me, a long haired civvy in a suit with his shirt tail hanging out, possibly with a tie at a jaunty angle, on a windy square in Germany once

However, the dress regs on there are a PITA as you do have to load it a page at a time. I can't find a way to download it as a oner....
...as that is the only mandatory dress for the ACF you can never be caught out
Or, as an AI go on Westminster, into the cadet resource centre, search for Army Dress Regs April 2013, download that as it’s a PDF then edit it to remove everything bar Part 8 which is the dress regs for the ACF and Army Section of the CCF...

Or, as an AI go on Westminster, into the cadet resource centre, search for Army Dress Regs April 2013, download that as it’s a PDF then edit it to remove everything bar Part 8 which is the dress regs for the ACF and Army Section of the CCF...
Why not just download Part 8 from Westminster?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paleblue_1 ACF 2
BiscuitsAB The NAAFI Bar 9
bigeye OTC and ACF 95