ACF Commissioning Process

Discussion in 'ACF' started by spiders319, May 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok so what about County Permaneant Staff? Those who are out Admin Officers, CAA's CQM's etc? What is the process for them? :?: :?: :?

2. Not a lot really.

They complete AF B6610, CRB (enhanced), MOD 134, MOD 1109 (in duplicate, on glossy orange paper) and then it all gets rubber-stamped by the local friendly RFCA secretary before being onwardly transmitted to manning and records at APC Glasgow. That's it, jobs a good done, commission follows rather swiftly after that.

They need to do some in-house induction training (considerably scaled down). Most of them are experienced former SNCOs and WOs (not SMIs, ahem) and they're not really going to be doing that much, so this process is probably sufficient.

C_B's thought for the day: My, this is a popular topic. You'd be amazed how few people, even those 'knowledgeable' in the organisation, seem to know so little about this.

3. There were two new CAA's on my CFCB so my understanding is that anybody going for commission has to pass the board. So they should too, no one should be exempt!!!!

4. Just scanned over the new ACF regs. Doesn't say one way or the other - in the last edition there used to be a specific note about CAAs and CEOs.