ACF camps - stories and tips!!

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Corp_jonesy_666, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heylo ladies and *gentle*men..
    Im a army cadet...have yet to go on camp because our NCOs are absolubtly useless and choose to delay everything.....including my uniforn!!! GROWL!
    Was just wondering if any of you had any funny stories about camps or any helpful tips on the matter =D
    Love XxallyxX

2. Please don't gripe about lack of uniform, it may well not be the fault of anyone at your unit and probably isn't. Quite properly, cadets are at the very bottom of the pecking order and have to wait. As a cadet forces officer I had to wait about a year for one or two items of my personal kit issue and I had no problem with that. Nor should you.

Camps are great, thanks to the many regulars who are involved. Best advice is to carefully pack everything on the kit list they will give you, and don't take anything you won't need. It will be you that has to carry it. Listen and learn and you will have a great time. Get stuck in and be active. Don't under any circumstances give any backchat to anyone, especially any real soldiers who really count. Easily spotted as they have three stripes.

Funny stories? Too many to mention...

3. Yes...I've found that out!!! =D
    should be getting it tonight however =D
    Thankx v. much 4 all your advice, will use it no doubt!!
    XxallyxX

4. You are welcome. I should have added that it's a good idea to be the first in the queue to offer to help when anything needs doing. That gets noticed. Keep your kit looking smart, boots cleaned and polished every day. That sort of thing gets noticed too. The more effort you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Good luck!

5. what the fcuk is this all about? has hm forces started a love in, of mutual help and understanding? wait a year for an item of kit? well you obviously didn't need it or would have bought it then. what was it , a pencil case? glad to hear your camps are great and taxpayers money is being wasted on keeping halfwits entertained. tossers

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

brown bottle - way to go to encourage a cadet. like, really.........
    I'd love to be your oppo........ not.

corp - jonesy, what beaumont said - get stuck in and you will have a good time. all the very best with it.

7. I agree Maguire!
    brown bottles obviously never had any experience of teaching cadets or of motivating them-especially the conscripted ones (i.e CCF)!!

8. no mate i left it to the usual fat knackers and paedophiles who liked playing soldiers with kids. i had enough of seeing (frequently dead) child soldiers in the congo, also bosnia and don't believe interest in the military should be fostered in impressionable youths, usually by guys with no combat experience of the harsh realities they are encouraging kids to join into, but like the attention in their pathetic existance.

DB Mk2 my sentiments exactly

9. What a jaded and narrow minded view you have of the ACF, was you turned down for the position of an ACF instructor, because of your obvious psychological problem sometime, or that you fall in the fat knacker paedophile category. In 13 years as an ACF instructor, I have met a few slightly over weight characters , but they are enthusiastic , and that is what counts, paedophile`s? never in my knowledge the CRB and vetting would ween them out, so if you cannot encourage youth to do something better than being chav scum, which you may admire, I for one would suggest you F@"%K off this forum.

10. I cannot comment I have no knowledge of that, but what a negative attitude, the muppet probably sits around whinging about kids off today etc, but slags off a youth organisation that is worthwhile.

11. wind your neck in and grow up, for fcuks sake.

12. Er Why pray tell

13. [What a jaded and narrow minded view you have of the ACF, was you turned down for the position of an ACF instructor, because of your obvious psychological problem sometime, or that you fall in the fat knacker paedophile category. In 13 years as an ACF instructor, I have met a few slightly over weight characters , but they are enthusiastic , and that is what counts, paedophile`s? never in my knowledge the CRB and vetting would ween them out, so if you cannot encourage youth to do something better than being chav scum, which you may admire, I for one would suggest you F@"%K off this forum.[/quote]

13 years as ACF instructor? obviously a very interesting character. not fancy joining the real world or are you a happy little walt? naive to think the vetting weeds them out when stats prove the contrary. by the way looks like a freudian slip there, using the word ween. also nice to observe your view of the general youth as chav scum. I may suffer from ptsd, and nice it is as a veteran to be insulted by an acf fcukwit instructor i am impressed you are clearly qualified beyond measure for your position

14. PM sent to you