ACF Annual Camp

Discussion in 'ACF' started by clanker, Apr 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon fellow arrse`s what do you charge your cadets for annual camp, we are a coastal county S.E England, we charge £60.00, this is £20.00 deposit and £40.00 for the rest, for this they get a t-shirt, a day out, this year probably Cardiff as we are going to Senny, so I was wondering what do others charge and what do there Cadets get for there money.
  2. £25 for 1 week (Juniors) or £45 for 2 weeks (seniors).

They get a T Shirt and a day out (although usually a pretty crummy one) over and above the normal camp.
  3. blah
  4. Yes, your lot are very generous with the t-shirts, there's about 10 that keep popping up on our exercises now 8) By week 8 of cadet camps we were glad to get a clean t-shirt :lol:
  5. It was 10 quid when I was a Cadet. For that we got no T shirt, tin huts to kip in, blisters, gas capes & zipless maggot bags, bruised shoulders (Cheers Mr.303 ) & a 20 a day smoking habit !!!! OH !! & if you were lucky a 10 minute fumble with one of them new fangled "girl" cadets behind the NAAFI / bin area !!!! For some strange reason you also got the urge to sign up & do it for a living ?????
    IMHO good days looked upon with great fondness !!!!!

Regards LT.
  6. £50 in our county, you do get a T shirt, a day trip, bit of a lottery that one, some went to Bovington, some to the beaches, My company went to Bournemouth, ok place , i did some exploring saw the cliffside railways, i would have thought a visit to a military related attractions would have been batter for Everybody, i dare say it is good value for money anyway , food , board, access to military training area, if you are lucky (or unlucky) a ride in an Army Ambulance to Salisbury hospital, as i had to accompany a cadet with a fractured arm, still he had something to talk about " I rode in an Army Ambulance ! " :lol:
  7. Anything between 50 to 90 ish quid, T Shirts of varying patterns etcetera, no days out though, and ours is a CCF.
  8. Blimey averages at 20-25 quid for our lot. Days out normaly included no t-shirts though. Personally I think expecting up to 90 quid off a cadet is daft. How can little timmy pay that when his parents are skint and hes not old enough to work? If I were a cadet and paying 90 quid to go away id want a facking good camp and pass all my apc subjects without hassle. (unlike on ours :) ) I just think its to much, especially if there are no days out/t-shirts/activities to justify that cost.
  9. Ah yes Monoose "The King of Fabreez" there where only 7 weeks Cadet Camps last summer! and there where good washing facilities at Warcop and room to do hand-washing at Wathgill. The T-Shirts do come in handy though.

£90 I know it's CCF but that seems a bit much as half of them are unmotivated mongs anyway! :twisted:
  10. around 40-45 here, we're a CCF. dont have days out, when it comes to the camp having a day for units to do their own thing we normally have a choice between adventure sports (kayaking, climbing, you get the idea) oh i and we get a nifty little t-shirt.
  11. True, but they are predominantly rich kids so they can afford it :D :lol:
  12. Sixty quid sounds a little steep Clanker. We charge about £20 per week. For this the cadets get a couple of T-shirts and a polo shirt (we have to raise additional money for the T-shirt fund throughout the year).
  13. Sounds like your lot have got it right C_B, except for Otterburn, that is. By the way I have semi-crumbled over my Coy HQ dilemma, I have agreed to give Plt Comd role a go. 3 Dets to look after, one a bit far out but workable, the other two quite close to me , hey if it all goes wrong , back to Det Comdr if lucky.
  14. £50 in our county, no T shirt but day out, not that pricey and you can pay it in bits and pieces so if you are a bit hard up you will not miss out. very unfair to suddenly demand all the cash in one go.
  15. £20 and we get a notepad