ACF Adult Instructor Recruitment Thread

The MOD in general struggles with media, when still serving we were told to say no comment and hand them the PROs number, pretty sure that's the same with the cadet forces. The MOD could probably do with a branch that understands it all. The RN has the media branch, does the other services have similar?
I wonder if the MOD/Army has a social media presences, PR department etc, i'm sure i have seen something along those lines, lol

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
Hi there,
I used to do some stuff for another branch of the cadets but moved away and decided to leave.
I now find myself with some free time, a bucket of Intructor quals only just wobbled out of currency and there is a shortage locally threatening units.
I've offered to give it a few years for them but been told the maximum age is. 57- I'm 58 and still very fit.
I've checked the rules and this would not be so I feel.
So SME's- what's the oldest you can join the ACF as an AI with 23+ regular service and 12+ other CFAV service?

Hi there,
I used to do some stuff for another branch of the cadets but moved away and decided to leave.
I now find myself with some free time, a bucket of Intructor quals only just wobbled out of currency and there is a shortage locally threatening units.
I've offered to give it a few years for them but been told the maximum age is. 57- I'm 58 and still very fit.
I've checked the rules and this would not be so I feel.
So SME's- what's the oldest you can join the ACF as an AI with 23+ regular service and 12+ other CFAV service?
there's no age limit for non-uniformed service, but can be for uniformed cfavs. It's pretty much up to the organisation that you are joining. Acf a may have a different opinion to ac f b.

57 seems a pretty random number. Your instructor quals, if out of date, are worthless now, alas. But you could try to make a case for your skills and any extant quals. Ie minibus driver. Likewise if they are short on bodies i can't see why a non-qualified but able individual couldn't support other cfavs.

it might not be what you're wanting but guards, fire pickets and meal cover (canteen cowboy) still need to be done. I'm instructing recruits at the moment despite having an a qual, tactics, saa, drill and a few other cool quals. The lot of the volunteer!

Where abouts are you? Pm if necessary.

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
there's no age limit for non-uniformed service, but can be for uniformed cfavs. It's pretty much up to the organisation that you are joining. Acf a may have a different opinion to ac f b.

57 seems a pretty random number. Your instructor quals, if out of date, are worthless now, alas. But you could try to make a case for your skills and any extant quals. Ie minibus driver. Likewise if they are short on bodies i can't see why a non-qualified but able individual couldn't support other cfavs.

it might not be what you're wanting but guards, fire pickets and meal cover (canteen cowboy) still need to be done. I'm instructing recruits at the moment despite having an a qual, tactics, saa, drill and a few other cool quals. The lot of the volunteer!

Where abouts are you? Pm if necessary.
I left in Nov 2015

If you have a as and range quals they have a five year shelf life, subject to appraisal by a competent person in the organisation ie not necessarily the tea if they aren't saa or range trained. And hopefully you were using them in 2015.

On a course etc that have expiry dates will expire.

have you done a fam course?

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
Yes using them as Train the trainer in 2015 plus Frimley ADS for M.
I was asked to help out running a Det or the Det will fold.

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
Neither for me, I know the local ACF team ( in fact I've trained some of them) and they're mates so no worries there.
It's the benefit to the kids which is paramount and it's sad that with staff numbers being so low one bit can ask you to join to help and the other half say no, although I can't find any guidance or regulation that states that.

Perhaps I can find another use for my spare time then

Neither for me, I know the local ACF team ( in fact I've trained some of them) and they're mates so no worries there.
It's the benefit to the kids which is paramount and it's sad that with staff numbers being so low one bit can ask you to join to help and the other half say no, although I can't find any guidance or regulation that states that.

Perhaps I can find another use for my spare time then
The ACF regulations says retire at 60,may go to 65. Why not try Royal Marine Cadets, sea cadets or as a civvy instructor, ie non uniform with ACF. RMC and SCC is 65 upper limit

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Personally, having just re-joined after an 8 month lay off, I would suggest looking at the Scouts or some other publically funded youth organisation.

From buildings deemed unsafe to use through to DC's having to put posts up begging for the most basic of kit, I really do wonder if some units have a future.

Personally, having just re-joined after an 8 month lay off, I would suggest looking at the Scouts or some other publically funded youth organisation.

From buildings deemed unsafe to use through to DC's having to put posts up begging for the most basic of kit, I really do wonder if some units have a future.
Don't forget the ACF gets an awful lot more funding than the SCC and ATC. CCF gets a bucket load of cash as well,if its a fee paying school they get even more!

Don't forget the ACF gets an awful lot more funding than the SCC and ATC. CCF gets a bucket load of cash as well,if its a fee paying school they get even more!
Certainly in my area, the ATC are very well funded. However, cadets do pay a subscription I believe, and the local ATC cadets are always out bag packing or fund raising. It is interesting to note that there Squadron numbers about 50 and parades on 2 nights, the ACF have about 8 cadets in the same location.

I think that is quite telling...

Scout Groups are charities and are NOT publicly funded. Just saying like.

It is interesting to note that there Squadron numbers about 50 and parades on 2 nights, the ACF have about 8 cadets in the same location.
I think it comes down to how 'dynamic' the staff are. Once you get the cadet numbers over about 30 or so things start just ticking over. When they are around the 10 range you really have to go out and actively recruit, and have a decent basic training programme. The cadets won't just come in off the street with those numbers.

It also helps that the ATC (and the SCC actually) are far better at social media than the ACF. They have squadron websites, instagrams, facebook pages etc. The ACF are far more restricted in that we cannot have detachment websites or facebook pages (only private groups) and there still aren't many detachments with active Instagram accounts.

I think it comes down to how 'dynamic' the staff are. Once you get the cadet numbers over about 30 or so things start just ticking over. When they are around the 10 range you really have to go out and actively recruit, and have a decent basic training programme. The cadets won't just come in off the street with those numbers.
Facilities make the difference too. Detachments which lack weapons for example, even DP’s are on an uphill slope, straight away a large chunk of the syllabus becomes a challenge to cover, either cadets or weapons then have to be moved to facilitate training. Likewise IT, Good access to the internet can really make a difference.

If a cadet (Any) don't feel as if they are learning something, getting on, or enjoy it, they won't come any more..... All down to the local staff and what they do, and fancy stuff on weekends for seniors, count for nothing if you can get them to senior status....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J ACF 40
Gunner_REMF The NAAFI Bar 35
P OTC and ACF 11