Accumulated service medal

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by wellyhead, Feb 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick one, what is the actual requirement to get this gong ???

Heard stories years ago that it was 2 yrs in NI, but surely thats not right anymore ?

2. The ACSM

Instituted in 1994 for award to all who serve 36 months in operations where one or more clasp would have been awarded to the Campaign Service Medal 1962 since September 1969.

Service on other operations is also allowed and is noted in each individual award. OSM's for Sierra Leone and Afghanistan also count towards the ACSM. Further periods of three years are marked by a silver bar. The maximum number of bars known at present is nine to a single recipient.

that what youre after?

3. A 1001 days on active service on ops that you get british medals for ie NI, Sieara Lione, Afgahnistan etc. Takes a lomg time as R&R, Courses, leave etc are all taken off the total.

4. so if youve only done 2 years in NI, unlucky.

5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Thirty years on Ops ?
    When did this poor bugger get any R&R ?

6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Continuous residential service in NI counts. I certainly had a guy serving with me there in the early 90's who was in the Regular Infantry and had spent his whole Army career from Pte - WO2 in the Province less one tour at Warminster, so I guess there must be people there now who are LE officers who have done the same thing.

I was lucky - only managed 5 years

7. most full time UDR/R Irish home service are in this bracket as all service for them counts. therefore 22 years service gets you a GSM 1962, ACSM and more bars than the golden mile in Belfast...

8. Talking of ACSMs, my Op tours list is short of two tours, 92 and 97 and I,m having massive dramas trying to get them put back on. Been trying for 3 years now and still no joy.

Any ideas anyone?

9. RIRISH Home Service!

and it's 1080 days.

10. I have about 1070 days NI noted in my discharge book...so not enough. However I have about 9 months of service noted as "UK Classified" these dates vary from 3 weeks to 3 months at a time. How can I get them added on for the ACSM ? . (I can't remember which dates are for instance NI and whether some of the other dates also count.)

Any ideas, advice ....